Windows 10: Windows 10 login pin

Discus and support Windows 10 login pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CecileDougherty, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 login pin

How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft username and password and it works. Help!

:)

CecileDougherty, Aug 14, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 login pin

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 login pin

1. Windows 10 login pin - Similar Threads - login pin

2. Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset: Also did not recognize my face/had to reset!First time this has ever happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-doesnt-recognize-my-pinhad-to-reset/9cc56f12-c3d8-480d-a43a-d0e6def5dfc4
  3. Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset: Also did not recognize my face/had to reset!First time this has ever happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-doesnt-recognize-my-pinhad-to-reset/9cc56f12-c3d8-480d-a43a-d0e6def5dfc4
  4. Help please!!!! Login in Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please!!!! Login in Pin: Last week my pin stopped working stays that it was the wrong pin even though I know it was the correct pin. I reset the pin and put in a new one. Must of put in the wrong pin and now it wont even let me reset the pin.. I am in panic all my work stuff is on this computer.. Any...
  5. Help please!!!! Login in Pin

Help please!!!! Login in Pin: Last week my pin stopped working stays that it was the wrong pin even though I know it was the correct pin. I reset the pin and put in a new one. Must of put in the wrong pin and now it wont even let me reset the pin.. I am in panic all my work stuff is on this computer.. Any...
  6. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  7. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  8. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  9. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  10. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...