Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen not appearing

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen not appearing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I boot up my laptop and it gets the page that shows the date and time but when I click, the screen slides up but nothin appears. There is no box to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BTAC100, Oct 16, 2017.

1. BTAC100 Win User

Windows 10 login screen not appearing

I boot up my laptop and it gets the page that shows the date and time but when I click, the screen slides up but nothin appears. There is no box to enter my password, only three icons in the bottom right corner. I have tried holding shift and restart but that does not work. It says there are updates but it refuses to carry them out.

:)

BTAC100, Oct 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 login screen is not appearing

I have tried shift+restart, safe mode is not turning on. I am stuck for 3 days now unable to login to my laptop.

Sesharajan RajeshSubramanian, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 login screen is not appearing

Hi,

We noticed the post has been inactive for 48 hours now. We'd like to make sure if you still need assistance regarding this issue.

If the previous recommendation resolved your issue, we encourage you to inform the Community by marking the post as an answer or by clicking on Helpful.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Windows 10 login screen not appearing

Hi BTAC100. Welcome to the TenForums @BTAC100

First I would make sure my data is safe. If you follow this tutorial you will create bootable media which will allow you to copy your data off.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Next I would hold shift down and click shutdown. Then boot up.

Can I ask were you attempting to install the new Fall Creators Update?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 login screen not appearing

1. Windows 10 login screen not appearing - Similar Threads - login screen appearing

2. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  3. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  4. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  5. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  6. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you turn on Windows 10 PC, and if you see the On-Screen keyboard appears on startup or login screen, then it can be pretty annoying to close it manually every time. Every time it appears, you will have to [...] This post Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard...
  8. Login screen does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen does not appear: Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login. Any suggestions? 128995
  9. BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears: Hi guys, A few days ago I set out to quieten my build. I bought a bunch of corsair fans & phanteks to replace my default Kraken ones. I also bought an NZXT Grid+ v2 so I could control my case fans. As soon as I installed the CAMS software, after restarting it started...
  10. weird login screen appearance

in Windows 10 Support
    weird login screen appearance: the problem comes when I arrived at login screen. I use local account. when in login screen, it looks like in attachment --sorry for bad pic--. there was password box, overlapping sign in button, and overlapping welcome animation. I have change the settings --via netplwiz--...