Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My boyfriend and I tried to sign up for a streaming service the other day, one that was linked to Microsoft I can't remember which one. It asked us to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bafluffia, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bafluffia Win User

Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts

My boyfriend and I tried to sign up for a streaming service the other day, one that was linked to Microsoft I can't remember which one. It asked us to create a new one which we did. Now today he tried to login to his computer and it loads that account....which neither of us remember the password too. Why is there no switch account feature from start up? How do we switch accounts or bypass this screen? Any help would be wonderful thank you

:)

Bafluffia, Apr 19, 2017

2. Attempting to Login into Windows Accounts - Welcome Spins for Ever

Brand New Toshiba running Windows 10.

Create a Windows Account for my Son. I can see both Accounts listed, but can not login with his account.

On my other laptop, I can switch between both accounts with out any problems.

The Login Indicator just spins then must time out and returns back to the login screen.

Why Windows, Apr 19, 2017
  3. nicoliani Win User
    Keyboard stops when switching accounts

Windows 10 x64 Build 10586

Whenever I switch user, keyboard stops working. Upon logging into the second account, I can't type anything, anywhere.

To switch back to my first account, I can't type in the login box, and need to use the virtual keyboard. I need to log out from both accounts to be able to use the keyboard again on the login screen.

nicoliani, Apr 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Bafluffia, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You definitely switched your local account to a Microsoft account.

You can use Option 3 in the tutorial below on any computer to reset your Microsoft account password online at Microsoft. Once you have successfully reset your password, it may take a while before it syncs to the computer you are locked out of while it has an Internet connection.

Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Apr 19, 2017
  5. Bafluffia Win User
    I can't do that *Sad I deleted the domain associated with the email address and it says the questions I answer are wrong *Sad is there anything else I can do!?

Bafluffia, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 19, 2017
  7. Bafluffia Win User
    Can you do it without the startup discs?? *Sad thank you so much for trying to help it's so greatly appreciated!!

Bafluffia, Apr 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you're able to boot to advanced startup with Shift+Restart as above, you should normally be able to.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts - Similar Threads - login screen switching

2. Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.: We have lost the ability to switch between accounts on our machine. The option is missing everywhere: Upon logging in, From locked screen, Even from the Windows icon, The below are the only options I see when logged in as the Admin account and clicking the Windows icon where...
  3. Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.: We have lost the ability to switch between accounts on our machine. The option is missing everywhere: Upon logging in, From locked screen, Even from the Windows icon, The below are the only options I see when logged in as the Admin account and clicking the Windows icon where...
  4. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  5. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  6. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  7. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  8. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Switch local account to Microsoft login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  10. Switching Accounts before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Accounts before login: Hey, i found lots of ways to switch accounts AFTER login, but my problem is little different. I want to have choice between accounts before login, not auto-login to last used account. i don't want to have passwords, which is only solution that i found. W10 1909 submitted by...