Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good evening to all. Been using windows ten now for a while,And quite happy with it. Now the only slight issue that I have is when the laptop needs... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by menu, Dec 19, 2015.

1. menu Win User

Windows 10 login screen

Good evening to all.
    Been using windows ten now for a while,And quite happy with it.
    Now the only slight issue that I have is when the laptop needs to restart when it comes to the Welcome screen my name is there and underneath the name it states The user name or password is incorrect.Try Again.

Now on the bottom left of the welcome screen there are two boxes with one with my name david@*****@outlook.com
    and under that its just my name david Williams.
    Now to pass the welcome screen I have to select the david*****@outlook.com then enter my password,That part is no problem.*Mad
    But why is my name showing as well as the outlook one.How can I delete the david Williams one and just have the david****@outlook.com showing.
    Any help here Please.
    Thanks.

:)

2. DX
    DX Win User

No sign in option available on Windows 10 login screen

Original Title: windows 10 login

I have a new Dell desktop computer with Windows 10. The start screen is Windows login. But sometimes, the start screen has no login boxes(ID and password), just a image of a "window" with light going through from right to left. I just can not get the login
    screen. Then, sometimes, the screen is flashing endlessly. Finally, I have to power off by pushing power button(hardware) and power on again to get the login screen.

Thanks for help!

3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 login screen

Hello dafydd, *Smile

This usually happens when the password has been entered incorrectly in netplwiz to have Windows automatically sign in to the account at startup. Setting up netplwiz again to update or correct the password should sort this for you.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Dec 19, 2015
  5. menu Win User
    Thanks Brink for your prompt reply.
    Looking at your link and on the welcome screen I notice your name on the bottom left that where mine is .
    See image.
    As you can see that's what I got.??

But will have a good look at the link you gave regarding the password setup in the morning,Getting a bit late here.

Many thanks.I will let you know how things develop.
    David.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime David. I hope it will help.

Brink, Dec 20, 2015
  7. menu Win User
    Brink.

Many thanks once again,I followed your instructions and we will see how it settles down.

Merry Xmas to you.

David*Thumbs

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 login screen

You're most welcome David. I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas as well. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 login screen

1. Windows 10 login screen - Similar Threads - login screen

2. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?: Since the past two weeks, we saw that users from our organization is getting black screen with cursor after some windows updates. They get to login screen, put in their credentials and then get to black screen. Tried system restore, uninstall latest updates and then had to...
  3. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?: Since the past two weeks, we saw that users from our organization is getting black screen with cursor after some windows updates. They get to login screen, put in their credentials and then get to black screen. Tried system restore, uninstall latest updates and then had to...
  4. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  6. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  7. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  8. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  9. Login screen password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen password: i have windows 11 i login in Microsoft account but when I login system at morning so screen lock password fill and that password is same as Microsoft account password so I hope any other default password set in screen lock during Microsoft account logged in windows...
  10. Login screen password

Login screen password: i have windows 11 i login in Microsoft account but when I login system at morning so screen lock password fill and that password is same as Microsoft account password so I hope any other default password set in screen lock during Microsoft account logged in windows...