Windows 10: Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On

Discus and support Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently I have had to reset my laptop running Windows 10 to factory settings and now, every time I boot up, it keeps asking for my email password to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by chris301up, May 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On

Recently I have had to reset my laptop running Windows 10 to factory settings and now, every time I boot up, it keeps asking for my email password to allow me to login, even though I didn't set this when restoring. I even thought I'd made a mistake, so last evening restored it again, taking particular notice, but still it keeps requesting this. I never use my email address for logging on, I use my nickname, but even that isn't showing anymore.

I usually just allow it to boot up without security and find this very annoying. What can I do about this?

Anyone had similar problems and know the answer?

:)

chris301up, May 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, May 20, 2018
  3. joewestin Win User
    Is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password?

I have a problem with windows 10, is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password? I’ve done google and it only indicates ‘netplwiz’, i’ve done everything that’s suggested and it still fails.

joewestin, May 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On

Recently I have had to reset my laptop running Windows 10 to factory settings and now, every time I boot up, it keeps asking for my email password to allow me to login, even though I didn't set this when restoring. I even thought I'd made a mistake, so last evening restored it again, taking particular notice, but still it keeps requesting this. I never use my email address for logging on, I use my nickname, but even that isn't showing anymore.

I usually just allow it to boot up without security and find this very annoying. What can I do about this?

Anyone had similar problems and know the answer?

:)

chris301up, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On

1. Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On - Similar Threads - Logon Password Required

2. Required account password every time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  3. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  4. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  6. Windows 11 logon requires password

Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  7. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  8. Change password required every time when i log in

Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  9. Logon very slow every now and then

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon very slow every now and then: I have two computers (and laptop and one desktop) both running Windows 10 build 10586.104 and every now and then the logon process after I entered my credentials takes up to 30 seconds with the 'Welcome' message and the spinning animation showing on the screen. Other times it...
  10. Surface 3 is requiring a password every time I wake it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface 3 is requiring a password every time I wake it.: I have "Never" set as the option in then "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" in the new Settings menu. I have "Don't require a password" selected in the Control Panel Power Options. Surface 3 sleep and screen shut off are both set to...