Windows 10: Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off)

Discus and support Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, As the title implies, windows 10 automatically logs out. and I cant figure out why. This started happening in the last 2 weeks after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgtfrog, Jun 1, 2018.

1. sgtfrog Win User

Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off)

Hi There,

As the title implies, windows 10 automatically logs out. and I cant figure out why.
    This started happening in the last 2 weeks after a windows update.

-I dont know exactly How long before it logs out but i assume more than 20-30 minutes of inactivity.

-It's not THAT annoying because it only happens overnight , normally. BUt i'd still like to know why its logging out.

I'm trying to find the one setting that's making this happen. I cant find it.

-I've looked at all sleep and power settings. Everything is is set to NEVER in windows 10 settings.

-in power options turn off display / put computer to sleep is set to never.

-in advance power settings all sleep settings are set to NEVER ie: sleep , hybrid sleep, hibernate etc.. all set to Never.

- I know about the System unattended sleep timeout. I did the whole regedit thing to show that setting in power settings. It was Set to 2 minute. I've change it to something ALOT longer like 100000000 minutes But it still logs out.

-screensaver is turned off. and all checkboxes in screensave are off..

-It's not a reboot or a BSOD because all apps and everything are exactly the same when I log back in

-system restore / reinstall is out of the question right now. I dont think my computer is setup to do system restores anyways. and a reinstall is out of the question because i dont have time to figure out / download windows ( i've lost my windows disk/ usb drive , cant afford the time to reinstall all my work apps etc.. etc... )

Not a super emergency but its driving me nuts that i cant figure out how to just completely Turn off windows 10 from logging out automatically.

Thanks for any help

:)

sgtfrog, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows 10 user automatic logout

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage Screen timeout settings in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click Screen timeout settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 12, 2018
  3. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off)

1. Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off) - Similar Threads - Logs automatically sleep

2. No sound in Windows 10 after sleep or logout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sound in Windows 10 after sleep or logout: Hello ,I have a big issue with Windows 10 not having sound after getting out of sleep, or aften logging in if i was logged out. The Windows installation is clean, i tried the same Realtek drivers that worked in the past, and another 3 versions . Still same issues. I have...
  3. No sound in Windows 10 after sleep or logout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in Windows 10 after sleep or logout: Hello ,I have a big issue with Windows 10 not having sound after getting out of sleep, or aften logging in if i was logged out. The Windows installation is clean, i tried the same Realtek drivers that worked in the past, and another 3 versions . Still same issues. I have...
  4. No sound in Windows 10 after sleep or logout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  6. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  7. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on sleep/display off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on sleep/display off: Hello, I have a company laptop that keeps logging out my profile on sleep/hibernate. I want to prevent my laptop from logging out of the profile. I've pinned it down to the "turn off display" part that is logging me out. I want to be very clear: I do not want to...
  9. Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically: Hi, I imported some keys in the registry (Windows 10 regedit) and after that, as soon as my user logsin, it logsout without displaying the desktop. It goes back to the login screen again ... In safe mode it logins Ok. Any way to revert changes o check the registry or...
  10. Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off: Hello, Is it possible to set my Windows 10 desktop machine to only go to sleep when the machine is locked or logged off? Thanks 96532

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 auto logout settings

2. auto logout settings windows 10

3. windows 10 automatically logs out

4. Windows 10 logs out automatically,
  5. windows 10 auto logout