Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off)

Discus and support Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off) in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi There, As the title implies, windows 10 automatically logs out. and I cant figure out why. This started happening in the last 2 weeks after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgtfrog, Jun 1, 2018.

1. sgtfrog Win User

Hi There,

As the title implies, windows 10 automatically logs out. and I cant figure out why.
    This started happening in the last 2 weeks after a windows update.

-I dont know exactly How long before it logs out but i assume more than 20-30 minutes of inactivity.

-It's not THAT annoying because it only happens overnight , normally. BUt i'd still like to know why its logging out.

I'm trying to find the one setting that's making this happen. I cant find it.

-I've looked at all sleep and power settings. Everything is is set to NEVER in windows 10 settings.

-in power options turn off display / put computer to sleep is set to never.

-in advance power settings all sleep settings are set to NEVER ie: sleep , hybrid sleep, hibernate etc.. all set to Never.

- I know about the System unattended sleep timeout. I did the whole regedit thing to show that setting in power settings. It was Set to 2 minute. I've change it to something ALOT longer like 100000000 minutes But it still logs out.

-screensaver is turned off. and all checkboxes in screensave are off..

-It's not a reboot or a BSOD because all apps and everything are exactly the same when I log back in

-system restore / reinstall is out of the question right now. I dont think my computer is setup to do system restores anyways. and a reinstall is out of the question because i dont have time to figure out / download windows ( i've lost my windows disk/ usb drive , cant afford the time to reinstall all my work apps etc.. etc... )

Not a super emergency but its driving me nuts that i cant figure out how to just completely Turn off windows 10 from logging out automatically.

Thanks for any help

:)

sgtfrog, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows 10 user automatic logout

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage Screen timeout settings in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click Screen timeout settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 12, 2018
  3. CPAusingWindows10 Win User
    How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off) - Similar Threads - Logs automatically sleep

1. Puzzle - Automatically Logging Into Windows to Perform Antivirus Scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Puzzle - Automatically Logging Into Windows to Perform Antivirus Scans: Hi, everyone. I've been searching the forum and the web for this answer for actually quite a bit and I can't seem to find anything for something so simple. The threads I've read seem to suggest that there is no solution besides paid software. Here is the problem. I have...
  2. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...
  3. Windows 10 is automatically logging on to last user

Windows 10 is automatically logging on to last user: Hi All, I just upgraded to windows 10. I have 3 users (Me as administrator) my wife and kid as normal users. When my wife has been logged on and she shuts down the PC then it automatically logs on to her account when i start PC again. This is annoying. I would like it to...
  4. I am automatically logged in,but?

I am automatically logged in,but?: I run a stand alone computer and I am automatically logged in,but all of a sudden it asks for my password .when returning from screen standby. 47278
  5. Windows logs automatically logs into last user

Windows logs automatically logs into last user: I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and have already seen my first issue. I have two user accounts on my computer. Neither of them have passwords. In Windows 7 it would load up windows and give me the option to select the user I want to sign into. In Windows 10 to...
  6. Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?

Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?: Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? We both use a Microsoft account. This person doesn't want to use password to log-in to her account. There are two accounts on this computer. 49599
  7. Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity: My system logs off automatically after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. I don't know where to look for to change this option. I am logging in using my hotmail at start up. 35560