Windows 10: Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by avi312, Jun 21, 2018.

1. avi312 Win User

Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!

Hi there

As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have not been able to solve it since.

ATTEMPTED SOLTUTIONS

• powercfg -h off/hibernation off
    • Disabled fast startup
    • Disabled other boot drives in BIOS
    • Made the Windows drive the 1st option and priority in BIOS
    • Did a complete refresh and reinstall of windows, clearing settings

What I do not get is that when the HDD light does turn on and the SSD read starts... The login screen pops up in a matter of seconds like the way it should and did before that BSOD! The HDD light does not flash at all or turn on in anyway before this constant 10/15 minute delay... It is now getting a real chore to turn on and off PC becasue of the loading times - any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

:)

avi312, Jun 21, 2018
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jun 21, 2018
  3. spixel Win User
    Windows loading time

How long does it take you to get past windows loading time , it takes me around 10 seconds , i think it might be my mobo. http://www.microsoft.com/library/me...g/setup/support/68224windows-logo-loading.gif

does 10 seconds sound a bit long for my spec and could it be a bad windows install or someting :S im confused as my old pc which was an amd x2 loaded up in about 4 , every few times also i load someting up ( like starting a programme or pressing the windows start menu ) pc stops responding for a split second.

oh yea and my pc acts reallly slow under alot of load :<

spixel, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!! - Similar Threads - Long Loading Times

2. My windows 10 takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 takes a long time to load: My windows 10 takes a long time to load. I use BIT Defender Total Security and this problem is just a month old. I use windows 10 professional ... The Desktop has been set up only few months back... I suspect some bug has got in along with the windows update Please suggest...
  3. File explorer opening a very long time, because of external HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer opening a very long time, because of external HDD: [ATTACH] I have external USB HDD (WD My Book 8TB) which acts as an archive of my raw footage (I'm videographer). Very often, when I open file explorer, it takes like 10-15 secs to start, because this external HDD (when I don't use this drive for 10 mins, it turns off). I...
  4. windows 10 update taking very long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  5. Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10: Hey guys, recently i had a problem with desktop environment in windows 10 it takes long time to load, this happened after resetting my version and install system updates after the new boot. before the problem i was deleting or moving some files to empty space on my hard...
  6. video taking very long time to start playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...
  7. HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  8. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start: The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C:...
  9. Long Loading Times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Loading Times: Anyone have an idea why certain programs take longer to load in Windows 10 than in Windows 7? Specifically, Firefox 39.0, Syncbackfree 7.3.3.6, and Finale 2014d (a music notation program). Thanks. 12578
  10. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...