Windows 10: Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs

Discus and support Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, first I want to say that my PC cannot boot any more, so I have been unable ro run memtest86 or any other software, cause I cannot access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jbl1706, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jbl1706 Win User

Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs

Hello,

first I want to say that my PC cannot boot any more, so I have been unable ro run memtest86 or any other software, cause I cannot access Windows any more.

Yesterday while I was working on my computer, it suddenly crashed and I had a blue screen. From there, and since then, the PC has been stuck in an endless loop of blue screens and rebooting. Each time, the blue screen shows a different error message, here is a list of them :

- Unexpected Kernel Mode trap
    - Driver Overran Stack Buffer
    - Reference by pointer
    - Registry error
    - KMode Exception not Handled
    - System Service Exception
    - System Thread Exception Not Handled
    - Kernel Security Check Failure
    - Page Fault in Non-Paged Area
    - DPC Watchdog Violation
    - IRQL Not Less Or Equal
    - Interrupt Exception Not Handled
    - Bad Object Header

The PC is basically brand new since I recently replaced the mother board, the processor, the RAM, the SSD and the OS (I just installed Win10 on a brand new SSD). All the components should be compatible with each other, I made sure of that and cheked it with the company that sold me the new parts. Plus this new config worked just fine for like 24 hours before crashing.

What I have tried so far:

- I plugged my new SSD with Win 10 on my old motherboard. It worked, and I have been able to repair some stuff and to reinstall Windows twice. When back to the other motherboard, the same BSOD loop starts again
    - I tried booting from the Windows 10 CD, it did not work
    - I tried booting without the GPU, with only one or the other RAM module, without my Data HDD, problems still occur
    - When plugged on the old motherboard, I was able to run an antivirus scan on the SSD, 5 issues where found (linked to my mouse driver) and quarantined.
    - I tried removing the CMOS pile from the motherboard and putting it back nothing changed
    - I tried booting from the motherboard's driver CD, weirdly it led me to FreeDOS (???)

What puzzles me is that all the blue screens point at different components : RAM, GPU, Motherboard, Windows... this lead me to think that the issue is from the new motherboard which seems to be defaulting. I wanna try with a brand new RAM module just in case, but that's really my primary suspect, because as I said, everything worked fine when my Win10 SSD was plugged on my old motherboard.

But before I buy a new 200 motherboard, I'd like to be sure it is the cause of my problem. Anyone has any idea that could help me ?

Thanks a lot for any help provided.

Edit : The crash started to occur at the very moment I did a CTRL+S in Unreal Engine 4

:)

Jbl1706, Mar 12, 2017
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 NONPAGED errorwith my laptop.It gives

I cant get on windows 10 at all to install anything. If I try exiting/continuing to windows 10. I just get looped by the BSODs

SarwatJahan, Mar 12, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

You do not need a OS (operating system like windows ) to run memtest 86+ and test your RAM., use a bootable usb
    see this tutorial MemTest86+ - Test RAM

lifetec, Mar 12, 2017
  5. Jbl1706 Win User
    Ok I will. Thank you !

Jbl1706, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Jbl1706 Win User
    Hi again. I have run 10 passes of test overnight and a total of 1,898,752 errors were found. This seems like a huge number for me.

So now I have to test every DIMM and RAM module, but the tutorial doesn't say how I do that. Is it simply another 8 passes with different RAM configurations ?

Thank you for your help !

EDIT: and now I have another issue which is that my PC won't boot any more... it does turn on but no image is ever displayed on the screen. What should I deduce from that ? I doubt the issue comes from the screen, which is actually plugged right on the motherboard.

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
  7. lifetec Win User
    This certainly means there are problems with your memory, but now you have to test if it is your Module(s) or Slot(s) of your Mobo.
    How to do this extended testing, see the endpart of this tutorial MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test.

lifetec, Mar 13, 2017
  8. Jbl1706 Win User

Thanks for your reply. I actually cannot do more tests, as my computer does not send back any image anymore. And I have no other motherboard with DDR4 slots, so right now I can't test that.

Am I wrong to assume that, with that many different issues, it has to be a default from the motherboard ?

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
  9. lifetec Win User
    To be sure it is not the monitor could you connect it to your other mobo.

As you say it could also be your new mobo, but can you not RMA it before buying another new mobo.

And to be sure it is not your RAM could you ask a friend, family to use their system to test your RAM.
    If your memory is faulty the testing does not have to be long because you can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test.

lifetec, Mar 13, 2017
  10. Jbl1706 Win User
    I'm sure about my monitor because when plugged to the computer it displays a message asking for an input. I also connected it to my TV box and I had an image.

I will check if I have a friend who can run DDR4, that's a good idea.

And I did not understand this sentence : "can you not RMA it before buying another new mobo", what does "RMA" means ? (sorry I'm not very good with computers)

Anyway, thank you for your help *Smile

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
  11. lifetec Win User
    See this
    Return merchandise authorization - Wikipedia

lifetec, Mar 13, 2017
  12. Jbl1706 Win User
    Oh okay ! Sorry, I didn't know that terminology. But yes, I should be able to return the mother board or the ram modules.

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
  13. Jbl1706 Win User

So... quick update on my case.

I have been unable to find a friend with a DDR4 motherboard. Tonight I may go buy a cheap single DDR4 module and plug it, to see if booting happens at least. I still have no image on my pc.

I tried to move my current memory module to different DIMM slots, but nothing changed. To me that means two things :
    - Both brand new modules are faulty (that seems unlikely to me though)
    - The DIMM slots are faulty, and I need another motherboard.

I'm more and more convinced that the motherboard is the problem here.

Also, could my loss of image be due to memtest86 ? Probably not, I know, but it did happen the second I pressed escape to end the tests.

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
  14. lifetec Win User
    Did you reset the BIOS to default and/or reset the bootorder back to your SSD or HD after you changed the bootup to the bootable USB disk.

lifetec, Mar 13, 2017
  15. Jbl1706 Win User
    EDIT cause I did not understand the question right :

I did not have a chance to go back to the BIOS as I lost the image as soon as I pressed escap to leave Memtest86.

I tried rebooting with the flashdrive in the USB slot and it did not change anything.

Jbl1706, Mar 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs - Similar Threads - loop multiple BSODs

2. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD loop: Hi there! before you answer my question, please read this.I use an HP 245 G5 laptop, the specs for that laptop are;- AMD A6 7310- 500GB Seagate HDD- 4 GB RAM DDR3 - AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.Almost forgot, I can't tell you the stop code, it was off screen and I don't know how to...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD loop: Hi there! before you answer my question, please read this.I use an HP 245 G5 laptop, the specs for that laptop are;- AMD A6 7310- 500GB Seagate HDD- 4 GB RAM DDR3 - AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.Almost forgot, I can't tell you the stop code, it was off screen and I don't know how to...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 bsod loop

Windows 10 bsod loop: I’ve tried everything and nothing works. The only other thing I can do is reinstall windows and I don’t want to lose my data. Is there a better way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod-loop/df138488-568d-4367-96d5-f04791d0534b
  6. Windows 10 Multiple BSODs

Windows 10 Multiple BSODs: I upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 4 weeks ago. It worked fine for the first 3 weeks but I've been getting multiple BSODs every day. I initially thought it was the PSU as it was 15 years old. I replaced it with a brand new Corsair PSU but the BSODs...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD Loop

Windows 10 BSOD Loop: I've been in this loop since September and absolutely cannot find a way out of this loop. I've tried many youtube videos along with "solutions that should definitely work". If they worked I wouldn't be writing this. I've tried so many things to try and get out of the loop I...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD Loop

Windows 10 BSOD Loop: So, to try and make this short i have been having issues with the known BSOD for about 3 months now... It started out of nowhere which is normal i guess. The first time my computer blue screened it just did a restart and everything looked fine. Not long after while loading...
  9. WINDOWS 10 MULTIPLE BSODS

WINDOWS 10 MULTIPLE BSODS: Hi I am facing multiple BSODS. After a month of 1st bsod , windows gave logon.ui error at boot and i couldn't boot into windows. I uninstalled, formatted SSD and did a fresh install. Now i am again facing bsod. i have done memory diagnostics, it shows no fault. Error...
  10. Multiple BSODs, stuck in Windows Reboot loop

Multiple BSODs, stuck in Windows Reboot loop: Hi everyone, Specs: CPU - Intel i5 6700K Mobo - MSI Z170A Gaming GPU- EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 RAM - 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-2133 PSU - EVGA Supernova 750W G2 A cheap PCI wifi card that I've forgotten the brand of Drives: 500 GB SAMSUNG 850 Evo SSD 240 GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure b450m