Windows 10: Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account

Discus and support Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear Forum Readers: I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1558 roughly two years ago, and at some point, I lost all administrative rights. I am unable to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nedstarkclash, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account

Dear Forum Readers:

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1558 roughly two years ago, and at some point, I lost all administrative rights. I am unable to install any programs or updates. Because of an issue with the BIOS, my charger no longer works, but I can not update the BIOS because I have no administrator rights. I feel like I am trapped in a vicious tech cycle.

Please let me know what additional information I need to provide you in order to resolve my issue and regain admin rights.

Thank you.

:)

nedstarkclash, Feb 15, 2017

2. Built-in Administrator account and user account is disabled.

Hello,

See if this fix helps you to regain admin rights:

[FIX] Lost Administrative Rights In Windows 10

Hope this helps, Good luck Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Application can't be opened using the built-in Administrator account

Thing is that unlike most of the posts, I'm not using the Administrator account - I'm using a User account which is a member of the Administrators group. The Administrator account is disabled.

Hello,

Please try steps mentioned here to regain lost admin rights:

[FIX] Lost Administrative Rights In Windows 10

Hope this helps, Good luck Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 15, 2017
  4. TrustMe Win User

Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account

You can activate the built-in Administrator account and then make yourself an administrator. Here is the guide to activate the account.

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

I believe you will need to use Opinion 4. Read option 4 very carefully.

Is your laptop working with the charger plugged in?

TrustMe, Feb 15, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I have a second reserve admin account installed on my PCs to use just in case there are problems with the main admin account. Post 2 will work though.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account

1. Windows 10 -- Lost Administrator rights to the one and only account - Similar Threads - Lost Administrator rights

2. Lost Administrative Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrative Rights: My Machine: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Ver 1909 c/w all current updates and patches incl the new Edge Recently lost Administrative rights on my PC. Have no idea How or Why. UAC has no YES button. Cannot update any software or install any new software. Starting to get...
  3. Lost Administrator rights

Lost Administrator rights: I have lost all administrator rights and i cannot change anything , i wanted to factory reset and in error deleted my own administrator rights . would appreciate help because i have spent a number of daily hours without success.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  5. Lost administrator rights

Lost administrator rights: In order to understand the problem completely I will start from the beginning. I was deleting some duplicate files in my Adobe Acrobat folder but the files from a specific folder required special administrator rights in order to be deleted (although I am the administrator and...
  6. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  7. Lost Administrative Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  8. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost Administrator rights.

Lost Administrator rights.: I can't activate back my admin account. Just because I don't remember the password, I dont have rights to change my current account which is local account to admin....