Windows 10: Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy

Discus and support Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When running gpupdate /force on any windows 10 machine in our network we get the error The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tiger Poly, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy

When running gpupdate /force on any windows 10 machine in our network we get the error The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\domain.local\SysVol\Domain.local\Policies\{HEXID for a GPO}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved.

I am able to navigate to this UNC path in File Explorer and open the gpt.ini file in quesiton. I have repeatedly tested replication between our two DCs using repadmin and other basic change and observation testing. Both DCs have the latest windows updates and the client has the latest windows update.

Both DCs have DFS services running and remote registry enabled.

I have moved one machine over to its own OU and disabled policy inheritence. I ran gpupdate /force and the computer policy updated successfully (because there were none applied). I then created a brand new GPO and linked it to that OU and ran gpupdate /force again, and it failed and cited the HEXID for the newly created GPO.

My DNS records are correct and nslookup returns the correct results for my domain and domain controllers.

I have attempted to use "UNC hardening" fix by adding

1. \\*\sysvol
    2. \\*\netlogon
    with this value: RequireMutualAuthentication=0, RequireIntegrity=0, RequirePrivacy=0

But the issue persisted.

I've read over many forum posts relating to this issue and no resolution has been found.

:)

Tiger Poly, Aug 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 iot enterprise LTSB---Group policy option

Hi,

I would like to know initially, the difference between Windows 10 IOT enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 enterprise LTSB. I have heard and used the iot version, but do they really have a normal version as well.??

Secondly, I tried to use the group policy option in Windows 10 IOT enterprise LTSB. I created a rule just for a test purpose so as to only allow notepad to work. I enabled the group policy and I closed all the windows. Now I am able to open only notepad,
    I cant even go back to the group policy editor so as to revert. Do I need to do a system reset or do I have to repair my OS once again.? Or do they have a different option.?

krishna_pka, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Win10 LTSB GPOs

Hi folks,

Since Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB only has a subset of features, there are Windows 10 GPOs that are not relevant for it.

Is there a separate list of Windows 10 LTSB GPOs?

I found the Windows 10 Group Policy templates (Windows 10 Group Policy (.ADMX) Templates now available for download), but I can't seem to find anything about the LTSB.

Warm regards,

Ken

Ken Weston, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy

1. Windows 10 LTSB 1607 Won't update group policy - Similar Threads - LTSB 1607 Won't

2. Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG undoing changes: Hi Im working on Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG Windows to go installation and since Jan i have been unable to install the latest Cumulative updates, it gets to 99% and starts undoing changes, ive tried the below to no Joy1. Cleared the SW distribution folder, in safe mode aswell2....
  3. Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG undoing changes: Hi Im working on Windows 10 1607 LTSB WTG Windows to go installation and since Jan i have been unable to install the latest Cumulative updates, it gets to 99% and starts undoing changes, ive tried the below to no Joy1. Cleared the SW distribution folder, in safe mode aswell2....
  4. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  5. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  6. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates: Hello, My laptop is very old, but works great with 1507 ou 1607 version. I tried new versions but it was or slow or impossible to install. So I have to stay with 1607 version. Please, I'm wondering the following : 1) I know 1607 is out of support, anyway I still see on...
  8. Trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607.: I am trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607 but it doesn't work with keys from Internet? Although I had volume key license for this version 1607, I still need to verify that Window 10 v1607 need Internet access or not? and Does this activation work these commands I found...
  9. Window 10 Enterprise LTSB 1607 Patching

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 Enterprise LTSB 1607 Patching: Dear everyone, I had Window 10 iso with Enterprise version of 1607 build 14393.447 iso. I would like to install latest "security" patches only to my windows. Had installed latest SSU (KB4509091) for 1607. When I am installed latest security patches...
  10. Arrange Desktop Icon in Windows 10 1607 LTSB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrange Desktop Icon in Windows 10 1607 LTSB: Hello Techies, we have to follow typical flow from top to bottom…starting with App eg started with name X ,A,D Need Some Apps in on the last row. A suggestion was made to move the critical icons to the upper right corner. Just Want to maintain the App order Please guide...