Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have looked for a fix for this constant, annoying email problem. I continually get the 'your (email provider) account settings are out of date'. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lynettew, Apr 6, 2017.

1. lynettew Win User

Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date

I have looked for a fix for this constant, annoying email problem. I continually get the 'your (email provider) account settings are out of date'. I have spent hours trying to find a fix, trying numerous things, working with my email provider (who is absolutely stumped) and cannot get rid of this. Has anyone found a true fix for this? My email password is correct, and all the other settings are good as well. I wish I could go back to Windows Live Mail!

:)

lynettew, Apr 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mail Account settings out of date

I have internet access but cannot get my email to work. Setting out of date or Google error code 0x8007042b

Aurele Lenire, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mail Account settings out of date

I'm having the same problem and can't find anyone to help me. I just got this laptop new a few weeks ago and its a windows 10 too.

RichardMunnsWU, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

If the account is Gmail, hotmail/outlook/live or Yahoo you may have set up 2-factor authentication on the account so you'll require an app specific password which you enter instead of the usual account password.
    Yes so do I, did a clean install of the Creators Update & couldn't install Windows Live Mail so I have to use the inbuilt mail app.

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  5. lynettew Win User
    I use a local email provider, not gmail or any of the others you listed. I only updated to this mail program because that's what came with my new laptop. I don't know of any 2-factor authentication. I'm not very computer savvy so this really has me stumped. And after my email provider couldn't even figure it out, I started searching online but nothing I've tried has worked. I'm still getting my email ok, it's just this really annoying message that keeps popping up on my screen.

lynettew, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Two-factor authentication means whenever you log into your account you'll receive a code to an authorised phone number to enter to ensure it's really you asking for access.

Seems strange that you can still receive your emails if the message is saying the settings are out of date. Is it possible that your provider has changed server details &/or added SSL to their email accounts? This may explain why you can still receive emails as the account is working with both settings.

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  7. lynettew Win User
    Well I definitely don't have the two factor authorization, and according to my provider all my settings are correct. They are stumped and have no idea what is going on. My old desktop has windows 10, but it also still has windows live mail, and no problems there. It's just going thru the windows 10 mail that I have issues. The little 'ding' and pop up window don't affect anything in the program itself, it's just really annoying.

lynettew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date - Similar Threads - Mail account settings

2. Mail settings "out of date"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  3. Mail settings "out of date"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  4. Account setting are out of date. Windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account setting are out of date. Windows mail: I cant set up an IMAP email on the windows app. It appears to be fine in the beginning but no email is showing. After a few minutes I get the danger triangle on the right side of the account and the notification that my account needs fixing. My email and password are 100%...
  5. Account setting are out of date. Windows mail

Account setting are out of date. Windows mail: I cant set up an IMAP email on the windows app. It appears to be fine in the beginning but no email is showing. After a few minutes I get the danger triangle on the right side of the account and the notification that my account needs fixing. My email and password are 100%...
  6. mail settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail settings out of date: since upgrading windows 10, I am unable to access my yahoo mail. After entering my password , and verifying it with a code sent to my phone there is an error message. The error code is 0x8019019a How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Account settings are out-of-date in Mail

Account settings are out-of-date in Mail: big issue - every single week Ms MAIL tells me my settings are out of date and to set up windows hello windows hello is set up and active and has been always i then re add my password at the process goes - re add my windows hello pin and get the message - all set up one...
  8. Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10

Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10: Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10. Password is correct. How can this problem be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-settings-are-out-of-date-in-mail-or/e8832ec4-61e5-4ac1-aaaa-c8a7693f8245
  9. mail settings out of date

mail settings out of date: i keep getting a message that says "your gmail account settings are out of date"...how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-settings-out-of-date/8261a62b-c440-4b17-8530-afbbd7d2ead1
  10. Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail

Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail: Hi there, I synced my university email account to Windows Mail. Everything seemed OK setting-wise and the entire syncing process went through. However, the account is never able to connect because there is a persistent error message that pops up saying "Your... account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittent error windows live mail yahoo email

2. windows 10 mail settings not up to date

3. windows phone email settings out of date windows 10

4. cannot use my mail app. Settings out of date. Cant fix,
  5. email settings windows 10bout of date,
  6. gmail account settings out of date windows 10,
  7. persistant message settings out of date,
  8. mail account settings are out of date in windows phone ,
  9. email settings out of date,
  10. your mail settings are out of date windows 10,
  11. windows 10 yahoo account out of date