Windows 10: Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location?

Discus and support Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to do what I wrote above? I have multiple accounts with many many storage data and my C: is very small. I need to use D: but in the options I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pipppero2007, May 6, 2017.

1. Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location?

How to do what I wrote above?

I have multiple accounts with many many storage data and my C: is very small.

I need to use D: but in the options I cant move its data storage location!!!

:)

Pipppero2007, May 6, 2017

2. Mail Language

Hello Jose,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer the below questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. Did you download the updated version of Mail app?

2. Did you change the display language?

After you change the display language in Windows 10, the Mail and Calendar apps may still use the previous language when you open them. This happens because new versions of the Mail and Calendar apps for that language must be downloaded from the Store.
    To fix this problem, you can either wait for the automatic update or you can manually install the updated version of the apps.

Reference: Display language doesn't change in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10.

Display language doesn't change in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 6, 2017
  3. TrishFinney, May 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location?

Hi, there are several things you could do to move data off C:

Here are some of the relevant tutorials. The first addresses apps and hopefully includes those.

Note any limitations in that data that already exists may not be moved to the new location, and whether the change apples to currently existing apps, or only to new apps.

Caveats:
    Be advised, sometimes people make mistakes in this process, and this can be difficult to unravel.
    Personally, I leave the default user folders on C: as they get filled with folders created by programs I install, and use my own folders for Documents, Photos, Media etc on another drive.

However, you have multiple users, and privacy concerns apply.
    Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Move Location of Downloads Folder in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Move Location of Music Folder in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Consider whether you need hibernation- you can turn it off- and fast boot which uses that file.

Try using a utility like Windirstat (free) to see what is using your disk space.

dalchina, May 6, 2017
  5. I'm sorry i wasnt clear in question:

I only need to move the storage location of windows mail app.

6. dalchina New Member
    It can't be done. Quoted from the link below:
    How can I change the storage location of Mail in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

dalchina, May 6, 2017
  7. No words :-(

At least it is possible to wipe its cache? Things remain on servers or will be downloaded? How it works?

8. dalchina New Member

Hi, normal email clients give you the option of specifying whether you keep mail on the servers or delete it after receipt.

There are guides on the internet for configuring Mail.

Here's part of Thunderbird's account configuration for example:

Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location? [​IMG]

I don't know much about Mail. I use Thunderbird, which means I am independent of Microsoft (Yeeeah!!). I got thoroughly fed up when Outlook Express was replaced by Win Mail in Win 7, then that was ditched- and no email client at all from MS. So no way was I going to use Mail.

However, Mail does give you the advantage of syncing between devices, and it's integrated with the Action Centre and other features like Calendar - that sort of integration isn't available with a 3rd party client.

Using Thunderbird means I have control of where I keep my mail - and that's not on the same drive or partition as the OS. Why is that important for your data? 'Cos if you have to clean install, your data is untouched. I have hardly any personal data on my OS partition.

And that makes the transition to a new PC or new disk that much easier.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location? - Similar Threads - mail calendar app

2. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  3. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  4. Mail and calendar app location field is not clickable or selectable

Mail and calendar app location field is not clickable or selectable: The windows 10 mail and calendar app has a serious flaw in the calendar event view. Any URL added to the location field which is very common for zoom out other online meetings for instance is neither clickable nor selectable to copy. It is unbelievable that the simplest of...
  5. Mail and Calendar locations

Mail and Calendar locations: I have a new Logitech K350 keyboard I would love to assign and use the Function buttons to open Microsoft Mail, and Calendar. I have been unable to find their location. I need to be able to browse for the file to assign them. Help!...
  6. Mail and Calendar App in windows 10

Mail and Calendar App in windows 10: I'm using mail and calendar app in windows 10.It flows effortlessly but seems to have one big problem, if I select a received Email and then select "move to Drafts", when I go to Drafts it states nothing has arrived, even though at the bottom of the page at the time of...
  7. Mail App store location

Mail App store location: Hello! I'm having some space problems with my SSD (where Windows 10 is installed) and found out that the Mail app is taking up a lot of space. Since I don't even use it, is there some way to free up most of this space? I tried changing the settings on storing only last...
  8. Mail/Calendar App Windows 10

Mail/Calendar App Windows 10: Is there a way of removing /deleting the redundant email addresses that show when typing an email address. Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Composing email...
  9. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems: Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens. The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are pending, but when I try to download them I get an error as response (download seem to work, while installation don't). I tried...
  10. Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Background Picture of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in...