Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is this working properly for anyone in this forum? I have tried and tried and tried to get it to work properly without success. I get it all set up and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question

Is this working properly for anyone in this forum? I have tried and tried and tried to get it to work properly without success. I get it all set up and I can't seem to receive incoming mail. Outgoing mail works properly and If I use another mail service like Thunderbird or eMail Client, the incoming mail works properly on them, getting mails sent from Windows 10 mail - but it will not if using only Windows 10 mail. I have searched the Internet with no success in solving this problem. At this point, I am resolved to using eMail Client - it's a good app, but it just gripes the heck out of me for Windows 10 not to have an app I can use. Any suggestions or comments appreciated.

:)

JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017

2. synchronisation of Mail/Agenda app

Hi Paul,

To assist you with your concern, answer the following questions:

• What version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you signing in to the built in calendar/mail app or Outlook app?
    If you're using Windows 10. Click on this
    link
    on how to resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Update us on the result.

Gerald Vit, Jun 19, 2017
  3. david-e Win User
    Delete recipient from MAIL app autocomplete list

How do I delete a suggested recipient from the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app's autocomplete list?

Note that this is NOT a question about Outlook Mail or outlook.com.

david-e, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

I use the Mail App/Contacts App on 6 Accounts with 4 Email providers, of which 3 are the big Free Email accounts(Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail).

It works on those 6 Accounts OK for the basics, some features don't work sometimes and gives error messages, this has been shown to MS.

The basic Touchscreen look is wrong and inefficient. I would prefer a Desktop application which makes much more efficient use of space.

Very poor considering this has been over 4 years in the making from Windows 8.1

Helmut, Jun 19, 2017
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    Thanks for reply, Helmut. Too bad Windows 10 hasn't provided a better email program. Windows Defender seems decent compared with other AntiVirus programs, it seems, but MS sure failed in the email area. I'll continue to use eMail Client for now. Maybe one day Windows 10 will get it's act together.

JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    After posting and considerable Internet research, I am just ditching Windows 10 Mail and Calendar. eMail Clinet is an excellent free program which suits my needs very well. Microsoft could learn a lot from them. Closing thread as "solved" since there seems to be no legitimate solution for using Mail and Calendar.

JohnBurns, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Question

2. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: I have been using Calendar for Windows 10 for over a year. I was always able to put in new reminders, change reminders and move reminders to a different day or time. In the last few weeks that has changed. I can add things, but if I try to change or move reminders, the...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and calendar problem

Windows 10 Mail and calendar problem: A user on the family computer lost access to windows mail app, I reinstalled it but the problem remains, On trying to add accounts the following happens, to add a google account I get error code 0x8007139f , when trying to add an outlook account I get error code 0x80004005 ....
  4. Mail/Calendar App Windows 10

Mail/Calendar App Windows 10: Is there a way of removing /deleting the redundant email addresses that show when typing an email address. Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Composing email...
  5. Windows Mail and Calendar not printing mail

Windows Mail and Calendar not printing mail: I am running Win 10 Professional on a Surface Pro 4. Everything is up to date. I have three G-Mail addresses going into Mail and Calendar. Some E-Mails will print. Others will go into the que and disappear yet, I can print that same message if I open G-Mail in a browser....
  6. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  7. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  8. Calendar questions

Calendar questions: Is there a ways to keep the calendar as part of my desktop background/wallpaper? As it stands now I have it pinned to the task bar but have to open it up to use it but I would like to be able to see it when I start the computer. Also how do notifications work? I have ticked...
  9. Calendar and Mail

Calendar and Mail: The calendar and mail apps that came with Windows 10 on my main PC is non-functional, I cannot enter events in the calendar and I cannot receive or send emails in the mail app. I uninstalled them via Powershell and reinstalled them via the Windows store and still the same...
  10. Mail & Calendar

Mail & Calendar: New version Of Mail & Calendar App available from Windows 10 Store You may find when you to Store that it is ready to be downloaded A notice may come up to close it and download it again That is what I did and it went in ok 41466