Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is this working properly for anyone in this forum? I have tried and tried and tried to get it to work properly without success. I get it all set up and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question

Is this working properly for anyone in this forum? I have tried and tried and tried to get it to work properly without success. I get it all set up and I can't seem to receive incoming mail. Outgoing mail works properly and If I use another mail service like Thunderbird or eMail Client, the incoming mail works properly on them, getting mails sent from Windows 10 mail - but it will not if using only Windows 10 mail. I have searched the Internet with no success in solving this problem. At this point, I am resolved to using eMail Client - it's a good app, but it just gripes the heck out of me for Windows 10 not to have an app I can use. Any suggestions or comments appreciated.

:)

JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017

2. synchronisation of Mail/Agenda app

Hi Paul,

To assist you with your concern, answer the following questions:

• What version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you signing in to the built in calendar/mail app or Outlook app?
    If you're using Windows 10. Click on this
    link
    on how to resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Update us on the result.

Gerald Vit, Jun 19, 2017
  3. david-e Win User
    Delete recipient from MAIL app autocomplete list

How do I delete a suggested recipient from the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app's autocomplete list?

Note that this is NOT a question about Outlook Mail or outlook.com.

david-e, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

I use the Mail App/Contacts App on 6 Accounts with 4 Email providers, of which 3 are the big Free Email accounts(Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail).

It works on those 6 Accounts OK for the basics, some features don't work sometimes and gives error messages, this has been shown to MS.

The basic Touchscreen look is wrong and inefficient. I would prefer a Desktop application which makes much more efficient use of space.

Very poor considering this has been over 4 years in the making from Windows 8.1

Helmut, Jun 19, 2017
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    Thanks for reply, Helmut. Too bad Windows 10 hasn't provided a better email program. Windows Defender seems decent compared with other AntiVirus programs, it seems, but MS sure failed in the email area. I'll continue to use eMail Client for now. Maybe one day Windows 10 will get it's act together.

JohnBurns, Jun 19, 2017
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    After posting and considerable Internet research, I am just ditching Windows 10 Mail and Calendar. eMail Clinet is an excellent free program which suits my needs very well. Microsoft could learn a lot from them. Closing thread as "solved" since there seems to be no legitimate solution for using Mail and Calendar.

JohnBurns, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Question

2. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  3. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  4. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Calendar & Mail Login Question

Calendar & Mail Login Question: Is the calendar and mail login one in the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-mail-login-question/c027cf42-c89c-403f-9e99-53fe9dd86c0e
  6. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi there! I have a huge problem. My official Mail and calendar app doesn't sync gmail immediately, it only refreshes my emails from gmail whenever I open the app. What is the cause of this? I've read somewhere that for now, something has changed I guess in google APIs,...
  7. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi. I use a Gmail account for the above app but it stopped recording Sent mail last month. I've reset it and deleted and re-installed but had no joy. Have you any ideas why please? Thanks Chris...
  8. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: How do you do a back up of the above. Save entire program, Calendar,People list etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-calendar/81b3b49b-ad85-4ce4-ae62-fc598c1d790a
  9. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: How do I search for exact phrases in e-mail in "Mail and Calendar for Windows 10"? Enclosing it in double quotes does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-for-windows-10/1dc560e5-6a89-4267-a4d5-6e3be74ec262
  10. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: I have been using Calendar for Windows 10 for over a year. I was always able to put in new reminders, change reminders and move reminders to a different day or time. In the last few weeks that has changed. I can add things, but if I try to change or move reminders, the...