Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password,

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password, in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 prompted me to change my Microsoft online password when I couldn't remember the existing one. When I did this, the password change also went... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geercom, Jun 19, 2017.

1. geercom Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password,

Windows 10 prompted me to change my Microsoft online password when I couldn't remember the existing one. When I did this, the password change also went to my password for getting email through the mail client for the same email address I use to log in to Microsoft online. So now I can't get email until I change the password back.

:)

geercom, Jun 19, 2017
  2. AnneAVG Win User

Windows 10 Mail Password Problem

I have just recently had a similar access problem with bt mail. My password has been changed three times now as a result of the windows mail client recording a 16 digit password which my password was not. I now go in and reset each time bit not exactly
    how this system should work! So a permanent solution/fix would be good please.

AnneAVG, Jun 19, 2017
  3. I cannot access my Apple account. I changed the password this morning using a secure password generator, but it was not saved.

Original Title - Windows 10 Mail passwords

I have a sort of unique problem. I cannot access my Apple account. I changed the password this morning using a secure password generator, but it was not saved. I also cannot find my recovery key. However, after I changed my password, I also entered into
    my Windows 10 mail client for the calendar integration. Is there any way to reveal stored passwords in the Windows 10 email client?

Dwarrior74, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password,

Hi geercom.

If you want to manage your Microsoft account password you can do so at account.microsoft.com. You should also be able to change in Windows 10 settings under accounts. Under the heading "Your info" should be a link to manage you microsoft account.

Before changing that though I don't think I fully understand problem. If your Microsoft account is also your email account and they are both microsoft the password should have changed in both places. Is your physical email account a hotmail, outlook, live or MSN domain?

You should be able to log into these accounts using a standard browser to determine what password to use.

You might also open mail app, click on gear, lower left, then manage accounts. Click on account in question and you should be able to change account settings.

I don't wish to steer anyone wrong with passwords so before changing things maybe you could help me to understand better.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password,

1. Windows 10 Mail and Client had me reset my Microsoft online password, - Similar Threads - Mail Client reset

2. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  3. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts

Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts: The Windows 10 Mail client on my desktop does not give me the option to save contacts and I do not know why. Below is a screen shot of what happens when I left click on a email sender in Mail on my desktop. Note that the top option is to "Send email" to the contact:...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Client not Working

Windows 10 Mail Client not Working: Dear All, I am currently having trouble syncing the inbox from my Gmail Account on my Mail App on Windows 10 device. I have tried all methods on YouTube and other support sites, troubleshooting and eve command prompt. Nothing works. The weird thing is that sent mail and...
  6. Mail client on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail client on Windows 10: Hello, So I'm having issues with both clients, so maybe you guys know any solutions or other options that I could try out. Not real problems but maybe features they lack. Problems with Windows Mail: language issues (autocorrect and random chinese letters popping up whenever...
  7. Windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail client: When I try to ‘fill the entire window’, which is in the Background (Settings>Personalization) I come across a problem. When I turn it on, everything is OK, but if I close the app and then open the mail app again, the background is set back so it cannot "fill the entire...
  8. Windows Mail Client

Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda
  9. Windows 10 Mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Client: I've noticed after trying the Win 10 Email client to access my hotmail accounts, if somebody attaches a picture to one of the emails and I download that attachment, the resulting file is marked as "READ ONLY". Yet if I download the file while logged on to the outlook server,...
  10. Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption: I'm looking for a mail client that encrypts not only my mail ids and passwords but also downloaded messages. Possibly with mail-to-mail end encryption. It would be even better if the application was open-source. Is there anything like that or is it too much for my...