Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to identify how some accounts are setup in a windows 10 MAIL app. I can't find anything on the definitions that tells me if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T_P_C, Aug 23, 2018.

1. T_P_C Win User

Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup.

Hello.
    I'm trying to identify how some accounts are setup in a windows 10 MAIL app.
    I can't find anything on the definitions that tells me if the accounts are setup via POP3 or IMAP4.
    I've googled, and there was a post saying that POP3 mails are stores as .eml files in the users appdata/local/packages/something something/Indexes and that it's an hidden folder and all..
    But I've been there, and there was no folder INDEXES, hidden or in plain sight..
    I've setup a gmail pop3 account, and the folder did not appear..
    So I'm really baffled on where my pop3 emails are being stored..
    The machine is running with the 1803 update..
    Can anyone help out?

:)

T_P_C, Aug 23, 2018
  2. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup. :(

Zakin, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup.

How do I delete an e-mail account and add it again in Windows 10 Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail and a box appear saying that my e-mail account and setting are outdated! I never knew and e-mail account can be outdated etc when you're always using it etc. I have ahd this e-mail for so many years now. Another box appeared with
    my e-mail on it and a box to type in my password to verify my account. I typed in my password but it couldnt verify it. So, the next suggested the box had was for me delete my e-mail acount and add it back again. How do I go about doing this? Please list rhe
    step by steps please. Thanks!

SAMSON JOE, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup.

1. Windows 10 Mail and identifying the type of account setup. - Similar Threads - Mail identifying type

2. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  3. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 Accounts Setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Accounts Setup: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the local account it asks me for the Admin account and password, which is fine if it's just my PC, but I have to deploy new...
  5. Windows 10 Accounts Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Accounts Setup: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the local account it asks me for the Admin account and password, which is fine if it's just my PC, but I have to deploy new...
  6. Windows 10 Account Types

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Account Types: Hello, I just purchased a Surface Pro 7 and installed Windows 10 Home 20H2 for home use. I would like to create two account types standard for everyday use & administrative to manage the computer. It appears I am signed in with my microsoft account with administrator...
  7. Windows 10 mail setup

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail setup: I cannot get to windows mail setup and I get so sound from windows mail. Version 20H2 (osBuild 19042-804) Thank you for any help you can give. Maggie 175433
  8. Identified Usability Issues with Windows 10 Pro Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Identified Usability Issues with Windows 10 Pro Setup: During Windows 10 Pro setup, I discovered the following: At the point where you have "Let's connect you to a network...To Finish setup, you'll need to connect to the Internet." Observation: Even when connected to the Internet at this point, there is no action button to...
  9. Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail: I need to switch from my gmail account to another email server that is compatible with MS Windows Live Mail. Looking for a list of email servers that can work through this product....
  10. Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account: I just got a new PC with Windows 10, and for some reason cannot get the Windows Mail app to sync with my Verizon / AOL email account. Verizon email was bought by AOL some time back; email address and server settings are still Verizon though. I'm using all the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. account setup identifying