Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Viktor_VB, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Viktor_VB Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them the way you want), if a chat came in, it would always show up and then if you missed it the Teams icon would be highlighted to inform you there's a missed message.

That's great, until it stopped working. It just so happens that it stopped working when we decided to broadcast to the entire company that Teams is better than Skype... Well, how is it useful when you don't see notifications? there are 0 notifications, although i checked all settings, restarted, reinstalled, still no change.

Now, I'm also noticing that the Mail app has stopped delivering notifications, so I miss emails thinking my day is going well until I am informed that I haven't been responding... This is the fail with automatic updates on apps, you may be working fine and then all of a sudden you push an update that kills your productivity.

It doesn't help that searching for this issue comes up with all kinds of other unrelated notification issues.

Microsoft? Anyone? help?

:)

Viktor_VB, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Eric J F Win User

No New Mail notifications on Windows 10

I'm also having this issue, but the 8.1 solution isn't appropriate for Windows 10. I've enabled notifications in both the Mail app and Settings, but Mail doesn't appear in the list of Show notifications from these apps.

Any other suggestions?

Eric J F, Aug 16, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail - Similar Threads - Mail Teams Notifications

2. Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working: My mail app in Windows 10 notifications suddenly does not work. For example, it does not notify me when I have new mail unless I open the mail app. Last time, the mail notifications will show up in my windows lock screen and also pop up in my banners. I have tried re-enable...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working: My mail app in Windows 10 notifications suddenly does not work. For example, it does not notify me when I have new mail unless I open the mail app. Last time, the mail notifications will show up in my windows lock screen and also pop up in my banners. I have tried re-enable...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound: Re: Windows 10 Ver. 1909 (build 18363.1443) I realize this is an old problem, but having read most if not ALL previous posts on this issue, I am unable to find a resolution to my problem. I have just started using Windows 10 Mail to handle my email. Till now was using...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working

Windows 10 Mail Notifications Not Working: Hello, I've recently moved to the default mail app for windows 10. The notifications when the app is off were working at first but now it doesn't. I've tried every step on this topic, didn't work for me. Could anyone help?...
  7. Windows Mail Notifications

Windows Mail Notifications: Hi, I'm trying to use Windows 10 mail for my multiple email addresses however it seems that my gmail account doesn't get background notifications for emails although my outlook email does get background notifications. I've tried reregistering and reinstalling the mail app....
  8. Windows 10 Mail Audible Notifications

Windows 10 Mail Audible Notifications: D****ons? All I can find are options for popup windows and such visual notification settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-audible-notifications/85cd0608-5444-4965-9806-03977e26c210
  9. Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Notification: I have two email accounts linked to the Windows 10 mail app. The pop up notification for one of them has a delete button and the other has an archive button. How can I get the second one to have the delete button in the notification? They both had it at one point and now the...
  10. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...