Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All Think Corrupted Windows 10 Mail app, isn't downloading any mail that I can see, kept saying 1 is unread, but don't see any in the list now,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email

Hi All

Think Corrupted Windows 10 Mail app, isn't downloading any mail that I can see, kept saying 1 is unread, but don't see any in the list now, after app reset, didn't help any. Western Digital SSD, Chkdsk should be fine I think, but will run it soon, Sfc/scannow show no errors, Dism restore health plan on doing next, should I run Western Digitals ssd dashboard extended test?

Any help is appreciated!! Can do a repair install if it comes down to it, and stick with Defender antivirus, maybe switching from Avast/Defender off and on last month caused the issue

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 mail app web based?

Original title: Windows 10 mail app

Does the windows 10 mail app download the email to my computer like outlook or is it like IOS and web based? I don't want to download all the email to my computer.

Thanks

Mark Hatcher, Aug 5, 2017
  3. Forwarding video files to windows 10

I have a windows phone 8.1 and windows 10 on my pc. I was able to forward video files from the phone to pc with 8.1 pc. Now the Mail app will not download in windows 10. I can open outlook app and fine the email with the file present and copy and paste
    a folder. The mail app receives the email and prompts to download file but will download when activated. Is this a error in the mail app?

JerryHilton_983, Aug 5, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email

IF?....as you state Windows Mail is corrupted.....open Settings, Apps and Features...click on and uninstall Mail and Calendar
    Then go to Store....type Mail and Calendar and reinstall.
    Then setup mail accounts to suit your requirements.

dencal, Aug 5, 2017
  5. Well can't uninstall it, Greyed out to do that, syncing other accounts, but not my Outlook.com one, shows 1 unread, but I cleared the entire email box, and shows nothing in the list, so shouldn't say 1, and on phone it received some mail, but Desktop mail app still not working properly

Chkdsk was fine

sfc/scannow now errors

Dism /onlineimage /restorehealth--no errors

Antivirus used currently
    Avast 17.5.2303

I guess I should've left Defender active and such

Guess bigger issue, backs up files, and prepares for either a clean install or a Repair install, and then sticks with 1 Antivirus program, and does my gaming and such and relaxes

AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    Are you saying Mail and Calendar is grayed out?....see attachment.

dencal, Aug 5, 2017
  7. Yes uninstall button Greyed out, on Admin account and standard user account

Probably will do Plan A, and Clean install in morning I suppose, or system refresh possibly, gotta decide yet on that

AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017
  8. dencal Win User

Mine is shown grayed out....have you tried clicking on uninstall?
    And if that does not uninstall.....click on Advanced options underneath it

dencal, Aug 5, 2017
  9. Yeah only Reset under there, and already tried that, and rebooted

Even tried WSreset.exe (admin) and rebooted with that as well, no luck

it was downloading email and working fine, not sure what the heck happened, but it seems stuck in the not downloading stage, and won't get outta of it lol. All I did recently was switch back from Defender to Avast as read Avast offered more protection and I felt maybe I needed it since I do a lot of stuff online, but maybe that was a mistake, who knows if it's cause of the issue for sure or no

AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    Do note.....Unusable for a while after reset.

dencal, Aug 5, 2017
  11. Ohh didn't see that part before, maybe that's why not working right

AMDMan2016, Aug 5, 2017
  12. Helmut Win User
    Uninstall the Mail and Calendar Apps:
    Instructions on here. You can't do it from Apps and features like 'normal'.
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10
    Then go back to the MS Store and install them both again.

Helmut, Aug 6, 2017
  13. Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email

Ok did the uninstall from that page, but still shows as Installed in the store, unless I need to restart before it fixes

Fixed Now!!, and working fine so far

Thank you everyone so much for the replies

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email - Similar Threads - Mail App Corrupted

2. Mail app not downloading some emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not downloading some emails: Sometimes, if I click on an email that's not fully downloaded first, I can never download it again. It's locked in some kind of limbo. I use the mail app with Yahoo mail. How can I free it from limbo and get it downloaded into the mail app....
  3. Windows 10 Mail app sometimes will not download pictures or text within an email.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app sometimes will not download pictures or text within an email.: Just came up with a solution for the issues that some are having with the Mail app in Windows 10. For months, some emails don't get fully downloaded from the client server, and are missing text or pictures within an email received. I have found an "work around" substitute...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app, old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app, old emails: I want to keep my old emails in the inbox but I don’t know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-old-emails/18d8ac60-c5c1-49ce-a076-d594e3c34abd
  5. Recall email in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recall email in Windows 10 Mail App: Good morning, I accidentally sent an email through my company email that contains sensitive and privelaged information and Im hoping to recall it immediately. How can I do this? It was sent last night when I was tired and not double checking the recipient. My GMail account...
  6. Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app

Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails

Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails: Mail app will not download or send emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-will-not-download-or-send/d35b4402-13c3-4a66-971b-cc7c62b62595
  8. Windows 10 Windows Mail downloading repeat emails

Windows 10 Windows Mail downloading repeat emails: I am running Windows 10 Windows Mail. I receive emails OK when they are first sent to me from my server, but until I delete them from my PC (which deletes them from my provider's server) I get occasional repeat download of the same email. Typically I eventually get about 4...
  9. Windows 10 Windows Mail downloading repeat emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Windows Mail downloading repeat emails: I am running Windows 10 Windows Mail. I receive emails OK when they are first sent to me from my server, but until I delete them from my PC (which deletes them from my provider's server) I get occasional repeat download of the same email. Typically I eventually get about 4...
  10. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...