Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 with all current updates applied. This is the second time this has happened to me. Today I opened the windows mail app and none... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by raygo1975, Mar 1, 2017.

1. raygo1975 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

Running Windows 10 with all current updates applied.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Today I opened the windows mail app and none of my e-mail accounts are listed. I have not installed any new software and I know that I did not delete the accounts from the mail app.

Would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and or how to recover my accounts with out having to add them back in manually.

Any and all help is appreciated.

:)

raygo1975, Mar 1, 2017

2. My Windows 10 E mail account app shows 1 email in Outlook inbox, but there is no e mail in folder.

* Original Title: E mail inbox

I read and deleted all e mails in my (Hotmail) Outlook.com inbox on my I phone When I used laptop later my Windows 10 E mail account app shows 1 e mail in Outlook inbox, but there is no e mail in folder?

How do I clean up inbox?

Thanks

colinmartin45, Mar 1, 2017
  3. corkierum Win User
    Folder does not appear in Windows 10 mail app

Why did the windows 10 mail interface delete all of the e-mails I saved in folders. Yahoo mail account -- folders populated in yahoo -- empty in windows 10. They were there last week

Original title: Yahoo mail interface with Windows 10 mail app -- all my folders are empty

corkierum, Mar 1, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

This is why you shouldn`t use a windows mail account.

What exactly do you mean by email accounts ?

AddRAM, Mar 1, 2017
  5. raygo1975 Win User
    The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Hi sorry to hear that never up to now had that happen to me
    Anyway you tried a System Restore or run SFC /Scannow to see if that fixes the problem

hTconeM9user, Mar 2, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    I have had this happen once, after one of the many Mail App updates. I just added them all back again.

The last update a day or two ago, all contacts disappeared in the linked People App. You have to go to Settings and add the accounts back in.

Such fun with these rubbishy MS Apps.

Helmut, Mar 2, 2017
  8. raygo1975 Win User

Thanks I guess I will just bite the bullet and just add my e-mail accounts back into the client.

raygo1975, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts - Similar Threads - Mail app deleted

2. Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts: I have 4 computers running Windows 10. On only 1 of them does the following problem occur. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 I set up Windows 10 Mail with about 9 different E-mail Account addresses including 3 Outlook accounts (1 @Outlook.com and 2 @ hotmail.co.uk). They...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts: I have 4 computers running Windows 10. On only 1 of them does the following problem occur. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 I set up Windows 10 Mail with about 9 different E-mail Account addresses including 3 Outlook accounts (1 @Outlook.com and 2 @ hotmail.co.uk). They...
  4. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  5. Deleted e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted e-mails: How do I find deleted e-mails from the same sender. They are not in trach or the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-e-mails/6f5eba1e-eb27-489c-a36e-9b3e9876da38
  6. Deleting an e-Mail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an e-Mail account: I have looked at many similar posted questions, but can't seem to follow any of the suggested answers. All I want to do is delete my outlook email account (not Microsoft account), one of the answers says I should log into my Microsoft account and click on settings, but I...
  7. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  8. Delete E-Mail App account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete E-Mail App account: Hi, is there a way to reset the Mail-App completely? The problem is, when I want to add a new mail account, the mail app always shows me my microsoft account which i once added. Although I deleted this microsoft account from the mail app it appears when i want to add a new...
  9. deleting e mails window 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting e mails window 10 mail: deleted e mails reappear on restarting . Also cannot delete certain e mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/deleting-e-mails-window-10-mail/785797b3-9326-491b-a590-bb80617557cd
  10. Deleted e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted e-mails: I have an outlook and hot-mail account. I check it every day with Windows 10 mail and delete unwanted e-mails and empty the deleted folder. Every time I go to the deleted folder, there are e-mails there that I deleted a week ago. Why have a deleted folder if it's not going to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all mail accounts deleted in windows 10 mail app