Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nigelmercier, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default.

Is this migration possible?

Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the Mail app!

:)

nigelmercier, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows Live Mail folders to Windows 10 Mail App

My Windows Live(hotmail) folders don't migrate to the windows mail app! Except the inbox folder. Pop-mail folders stay, i understand, but imap folders which are on a server don't migrate either.

We are forced by microsoft to use this poor equiped app on 1 july 2016. But there are no proper tools offerred to migrate from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app........

William_1955, Jul 29, 2015
  3. I have no idea how to back up my current emails in Windows Live Mail using Windows 10.

If you upgraded from a previous OS that had windows live mail installed it should have migrated. Go to start>all apps and look under the "W" for windows live mail. Right click it and pin to taskbar.

If WLM was not on the prior OS or was not migrated install it from the below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-other#essentials=overviewother

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 29, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

The mail app is shown on the bunch of apps on the start menu.

Are you using IMAP? Or synchronised accounts such as Outlook.com, Office 365? If so, all your mail and data can easily be added back in.

If not you should be able to run WLM and use its export functions.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

1. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail? - Similar Threads - Mail App Migrate

2. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  3. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  4. Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail: My PC has just forced an update toWindows10 which hast stopped Live Mail sending to or receiving from my BT.com email accounts. Can I:* transfer accounts Windows 10 Mail app* transfer stored emails to Mail* get Live Mail working under Windows 10?Or do I uninstall the...
  5. New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app: I'm doing an upgrade on my mother in laws computer. New mainboard, etc... She was running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, upgraded in place from Windows 7 Pro 64bit. She was using Windows Live Mail as her email client. Now that we have a fresh installation of Windows 10, I find that...
  6. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  7. Migrating from Windows live mail to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating from Windows live mail to Windows 10 mail: I am moving to a new PC - old and new PCs both running the latest Windows 10. I am currently running Windows live Mail yes, I should have moved from this a long time ago - no lectures please!. Following the Microsoft advice, I should move to Windows 10 Mail if for no other...
  8. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  9. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?: I've seen this question asked several times, but no satisfactory answer. I refuse to believe that Microsoft would have omitted this basic function. How does one Import from Windows Live Mail into the Windows 10 Mail App? 24354

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to migrate from windows live mail to windows 10 mail