Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem. The Mail app is no longer syncing my email automatically. I have to open the app and click the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fiasco, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Fiasco Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this problem.

The Mail app is no longer syncing my email automatically. I have to open the app and click the sync button manually for email to update.

I see the app no longer runs in the background as it did when I first upgraded to Windows 10.

Is there a fix for this? And if not, is there an alternative mail client that you recommend that will run in the background and sync emails?

Thanks.

:)

Fiasco, Jan 23, 2016

2. Update/sync live mail calendar

Hi,

Windows 10 Calendar app and Windows Live Mail are two applications that syncs with the email account's calendar. You cannot sync Windows 10 Calendar App with Windows Live Mail but you can sync the email account's calendar to Windows Live Mail, therefore,
    I suggest you to make the entries in the calendar while accessing your email account through the web browser and it will automatically sync to both your Mail clients or you will have to manually add the entries to Windows Live Mail.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail App

I can't get my Windows 10 Mail app to sync with Outlook.com. According to Windows 10 for Dummies, it should have synced automatically. I tried changing the server in settings. Nothing I've tried works. How do I get the Windows 10 Mail app to sync with
    Outlook.com? Can you please email me the answer? Thank you.

DaleRueger, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

The Windows 10 Mail App seems to be quite different from Windows Live Mail, Vista's Windows Mail, Outlook Express, etc. So far I've only set up Microsoft's Outlook [part of Office] on Windows 10 computers but have read of some difficulties using Win10 Mail, in particular Importing of older messages.

Berton, Jan 23, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I wouldn't even waste my time on the Mail app.

I have been using WLM since the days of Win 7 and I have a POP email account and a Hotmail account configured in it.

If one is using a web-based email account such as Outlook.com (aka Hotmail.com), one is better off go online to Hotmail > sign in > right click at the Inbox page > click Create shortcut > that will put a shortcut at the desktop.

davidhk, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Fiasco Win User
    So it isn't just me having issues with Windows Mail I see.

I have several IMAP accounts, some are work server emails and some are Gmail accounts.

The Mail app in Win8.1 used to handle these with no problem.

I tried setting up Office Outlook 2016, but that's it's own mountain of headaches. I also tried Thunderbird but couldn't get it to run in the background.

I will try WLM. Any other alternatives?

Thanks again.

Fiasco, Jan 24, 2016
  7. Fiasco Win User
    I came across Mailbird and it looks like it'll do for my needs. Trying out the demo now and so far it starts up when Windows boots and runs in the background. I'll see how it runs over the next few days before I decide if it's worth the purchase.

Fiasco, Jan 24, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The Windows mail app is a piece of garbage. Use Thunderbird for email.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  9. Fiasco Win User
    I did try Thunderbird. Couldn't get it to run in the background. I could only get mail notifications if I opened the app.

Fiasco, Jan 24, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    .Net and the program has only been out for at the most, 2 years for the mainstream. I will pass and stick with Thunderbird. Nothing wrong with the interface if you know how to organize the icons on you like them.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Then you are doing something wrong. If you set the SMTP retrieval times correctly, along with keeping it in an online status, even though it is minimized. It will continue to run in the background.

You are doing something wrong if you are stating that it does not work.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  12. You need to install the 'minimise to tray' addon. Thunderbird will then close to the tray rather than shutdown. It will continue to sync and notify while sitting in the tray out of the way.

EM Client is another good alternative.

frankenhooker, Jan 24, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

For the OP. You also have to go into Settings and Notifications to make sure that Thunderbird is allowed to be shown in the notification area, so that it is not off in the section of programs that you have to expand notification icons. Then just drag the icons where you want them to be in what order in the tray. I keep Outlook on my test machine as the last shown icon on the Left. Makes it easier to see when mail comes in, while I am using it.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  14. Fiasco Win User
    I ended up choosing Mailbird Pro. It's not free, but it does what I want it to do.

Thanks for your answers, especially the one about the "Minimize to tray" addon for Thunderbird. I'm sure that will help someone who reads this in the future. I didn't know about that before, good to know.

Fiasco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email. - Similar Threads - Mail app automatically

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  5. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  6. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  7. Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app

Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  8. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  9. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account: Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app. after i read some of the post's here: Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums but i still not...