Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I just went to use the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time and noticed that a lot of my emails are being displayed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kerrb, Aug 9, 2015.

1. kerrb Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I just went to use the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time and noticed that a lot of my emails are being displayed in a weird way, mostly with images. Most notably with youtube emails:
    Ex. 1

Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly [​IMG]

(personal info has been 'oranged' out)
    An entire third of the screen is being used by a single line of text (also some words at the bottom of the email) that should really just be directly beneath the 'YouTube' logo banner.

This problem is exacerbated when the app is made smaller with window mode.
    Is this just normal for the Mail app, or is there a way to make emails and images display 'correctly'? I'm not very savvy when it comes to fixing these sorts of things...
    Cheers in advance.

:)

kerrb, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

I got a Surface Pro 4 i7/16/256 with Windows 10 TH2. The windows mail app doesn't display email correctly. Emails don't scale and display in a narrow column. Any solution? thanks.

onlyesterday, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

Anyone has the same issue? Is there a solution?

onlyesterday, Aug 9, 2015
  4. sneekez Win User

Mine is doing this to kerrb and I can't find any help for it. As any ideas come your way? I know
    you haven't been replied too but I thought maybe you found something??? Thank you for your time

sneekez, Aug 9, 2015
  5. kerrb Win User
    I have not found a solution yet, no. However, at one point yesterday when I randomly opened the app up, the emails suddenly were displaying as they should be. BUT today they are back to how they were when I opened this thread, so hmm I have no idea.

kerrb, Aug 10, 2015
  6. sneekez Win User
    Same here, good for awhile then the display issue returns. I deleted my accounts and added them back to no avail. Have you by chance upgraded your vidcard drivers? I'm using an AMD video card and upgraded my drivers last week, FYI.

sneekez, Aug 10, 2015
  7. kerrb Win User
    I did upgrade the video card drivers, I had to when I upgraded to W10 because it for some reason discarded them and threw my resolution out of whack, so that was the first thing i did haha. I am using Nvidia drivers, but I dont know if unistalling and reinstalling drivers will do it.
    I have noticed that if the problem is there, if I close the app and reopen it, sometimes (SOMETIMES) the mail will display properly, but most of the time if wont. Gah it's weird.
    I don't *have* to use the app as I usually check mail on my phone (prior to W10 I would just access the hotmail/outlook website) but gee it would be nice if this handy app could just work properly lol.

kerrb, Aug 10, 2015
  8. sneekez Win User

I tried installing and reinstalling the driver, you're correct, no joy. I agree it would be nice if it worked correctly. You know I didn't have this problem until last week after KB3081424 cumulative update. The list is so long of the breakdown of updates it'll take a couple of days to go through it and see if anything is there to possibly show a clue*Shock

sneekez, Aug 10, 2015
  9. bauhau5 Win User
    I'm a web designer and part of my job is to create emails for my client. Recently, I've discovered a new bug with Windows 10 Mail App, or rather, an intentional design decision on Microsoft's part. In the past, email clients have limited the content width of an email to roughly 600px wide. It seems, Windows 10 Mail App is allowing width's beyond that and if the email is not hard coded for a max width the email will break.

I'm currently looking into a fix for this and will report back if I find something.

bauhau5, Aug 11, 2015
  10. sneekez Win User
    Thanks for the update! And thank you for your time for looking into a fix! Not going to try
    to figure out how this got by MSFT.

sneekez, Aug 11, 2015
  11. bauhau5 Win User
    So after several rounds of testing it appears the email experience in Windows 10 Mail App is incredibly inconsistent. I have had several instances where the structure of the email loads as intended but then upon reopening the application it will break like you all are experiencing.

I thought it had something to do with the table max width not being set to a defined number but that's not the case.

Here is a screenshot of what my emails are looking like. As you can see, the images off to the right are way outside where they are supposed to be.

bauhau5, Aug 12, 2015
  12. sneekez Win User
    Thanks for trying! Will send this through the feedback channel and hopefully it will be picked up by
    the MS team. Was really hoping this new app would work. Thank you again for your time.

sneekez, Aug 12, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

I'm having the same problem. I found if I close out the program and then reopen it the e-mails are then displayed properly. This is a real pain. Also I cannot get the banner or sound to display when I get new mail. I have went to Settings, System, Notifications & Action. Under the heading Show Notifications From These Apps I have turned on the mail app for banners and sound but nothing happens. I checked my sounds in Control Panel and have Windows Notify Email.wav file selected but still no banner or no sound. This along with other annoying problems has me seriously considering going back to Windows 8.1.

osubuckeye, Aug 16, 2015
  14. sneekez Win User
    Thanks for the tip on closing and reopening the app, kind of inconvenient but hey I'm sure it will be fixed (has fingers crossed).
    As far as notifications I don't seem to have that problem, works fine. Does your email show up in the notification box on the taskbar? Are you using an upgraded system or clean install after upgrade? A lot of idiosyncrasies get cleaned up with a clean install. Don't give up yet on 10. MS will get it cleaned up. Remember the problems when 8 came out? Is this the correct way of releasing an OS? No. But if they were to wait until everything ironed out it would be 2020 probably before release. Here's to hoping fixes are on the horizon!

sneekez, Aug 16, 2015
  15. Yes, at least the Notification Icon shows when I have new mail. Just have to look down at the task bar now and then. I had windows 8.1 and took the free upgrade. That was probably a mistake rather than a clean install.

osubuckeye, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly - Similar Threads - Mail app displaying

2. windows mail app displays html code in emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail app displays html code in emails: Here is an example:u + =2Ebody =2Efoo =7B line-height: 100% =21important;=7D/*iPhone Blue Link Fix*/a=5Bx-apple-data-detectors=5D =7B color: inherit =21important; text-decoration: none =21important; font-size: inherit =21important; font-family: inherit =21important;...
  3. Email Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  4. Email Not Displaying Properly

Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  5. windows mail app displays html code in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mail app displays html code in emails: I am running windows 11. When using the windows mail and agenda app some emails appear in their html format. This is an example: <!-- end of setup --><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html> <head> <meta...
  6. windows mail app displays html code in emails

windows mail app displays html code in emails: I am running windows 11. When using the windows mail and agenda app some emails appear in their html format. This is an example: <!-- end of setup --><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html> <head> <meta...
  7. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...
  8. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not displays any emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not displays any emails.: Hi, i yesterday upgraded to windows 10, it's beatyful! But in standart windows mail app, after i add my gmail account i seems to get the data, but not displaying it. I can write messages through mail app. All my folder from my account are displaying, but they're all empty,...
  10. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app not displaying properly

2. windos 10 mail problem outgoing mails not displaying

3. mail app not displaying user

4. windows 10 mail not displaying properly