Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts set up to the mail/calendar app. My email (outlook) and my wife (gmail) and I can get/send emails but my wife gmail doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BRKING, Aug 9, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?

I have 2 accounts set up to the mail/calendar app. My email (outlook) and my wife (gmail) and I can get/send emails but my wife gmail doesn't work. Anyone know of a workaround?

:)

BRKING, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Mail App not working with Yahoo mail

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove and re add the email account and check the status of this issue.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail App not working with Yahoo mail

I have read the posts about deleting ports, etc. but I can not find how to do that. The Mail app appears to be trying to find "...the server at bellsouth.net" The server for my bellsouth e-mail is not at bellsouth.net. This was working fine on 8.1. When
    I upgraded to 10 my Yahoo Bellsouth email quit working. This is an upgrade?

Where can I access the server information for the accounts on Mail?

Thanks,

Al

Al Waschka, Aug 9, 2015
  4. NaySayer Win User

Join the club. All of a sudden I can't get any of my accounts (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) to sync using the mail app. I have no third-party firewall or antivirus; I tried re-registering the apps, deleting and re-adding accounts, adding an exception to the Windows firewall for svchost, you name it. Nothing works, and we're not alone.

- CMW

NaySayer, Aug 19, 2015
  5. tcman50 Win User
    Gave up on mail app a few days ago, using outlook.com, my "live" account is send/receive and my gmail account is send and forwarded to outlook.com to receive, it works great.

TC

tcman50, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Contra Win User
    wow after reading this I am thinking twice about using the built in browser or email client, I use Thunderbird and Chrome

Contra, Aug 19, 2015
  7. it's worth giving them a try
    on one of my devices they are perfect, the other has issues

for most people it seems fine

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail? - Similar Threads - mail app working

2. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  3. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  4. Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.: I have three email accounts I use. A Yahoo account, a Comcast Xfinity account and a Gmail account. The first two work fine but when the Gmail account is added it initially comes up and populates the messages. If I go to either of the other accounts it stops working and the...
  5. Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app: [ATTACH] I'm trying to get my dad's Gmail account on Windows 10 native mail app. I click 'add account', select 'google', enter his email, password and select a display name. Then the app just returns to the same 'Welcome to mail' screen pictured below and I can't access...
  6. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App not working for child gmail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail App not working for child gmail account: Hi Community, hope someone can help. I have a child account that I am trying to use the Mail app in Windows 10. When I try to add a Gmail account to Windows Mail I am unable to complete the Wizard and setup the account with it saying that it cant be set up. Does anyone know...
  8. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  9. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  10. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...