Windows 10: Windows 10 mail App, notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 mail App, notifications in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swlabr, Jan 2, 2016.

1. swlabr Win User

Windows 10 mail App, notifications

Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I tried Setting it to check for messages Every 15 minutes, and based on my usage.
    I read somewhere that you can check for items "as they arrive", but this option isn't available for some reason. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try to get new message notifications to show up?

:)

swlabr, Jan 2, 2016

2. Not receiving notification on Windows 10 Mail App Notifications/Live Tile

Has anyone noticed that Windows 10 Mail App (for PC) notifications only work when the Mail app is left open and minimized to the taskbar? Same with the Mail Live Tile - it only updates when the mail app is open and minimized to the taskbar. Is this by
    design? I wish Microsoft would address this issue. On Windows 8.1, mail notifications would appear even if the mail app was closed. Same with Windows Phone 10 - the mail notifications appear even when the mail app is closed.

Original title: Windows 10 Mail App Notifications/Live Tile

DeanLupari, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail Not receiving notification banner & sound or in Action Center of new Mail

The MAIL APP is missing from Settings, in (Show notification from these APPS) and unable to turn on the notification.

I have set Mail Windows 10 as a default. In Mail setting I have set in notification in Action center to ON as well as checked the boxes for notification banner and sound.

The APPS that are showing bellow SHOW NOTIFICATION FROM THESE APPS are:

Calendar, Facebook, One Drive, Skype, Widows Feedback. (Mail APP is Missing)

How do I place this Mail APP in (Show notification from these Apps) To turn this notification to ON.?

Thanks

Marc

Marc Janicki, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello swlabr, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You might also double check using the tutorial below to see if it may help with the Mail app notifications. I've found its notifications to be a bit spotty as well though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 2, 2016
  5. swlabr Win User
    In the tutorial, it displays a picture of going to "Settings", "Privacy", "Background Apps", and setting "Mail" to run in the background. For some reason, I don't appear to have the option for mail.

swlabr, Jan 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Look for Calendar as well. Mail and Calendar are technically the same app, and has been random for which name shows up in "Background Apps".

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail App, notifications - Similar Threads - mail App notifications

2. Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app: OS: Windows 10 2004 I have configured my mail account in settings > email & accounts so I'm able to receive new mail notifications in the Windows 10 notification area bottom right in the system tray. I have set my default mail application in settings > default apps > email...
  3. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...
  4. delayed notifications in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delayed notifications in windows 10 mail app: [ATTACH] Windows 10 mail app is receiving mails with delay and as such notifications are also delayed. Settings of the app is as per screenshot. Please tell best possible solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  5. Windows 10 mail app delayed notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app delayed notification: The windows 10 mail app is receiving emails with delay and as such notifications are also delayed or sometimes there is no notification. The sync setting for the mail is Download new content ' as item arrive'. Please tell best solution for this problem....
  6. Mail app favorites notification.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app favorites notification.: Hello! I would be grateful if someone could explain a way to make a favorite folder in the Windows 10 Mail app to show a notification when an email arrives to that folder. I have favorited many folders from my email but only the Inbox is giving/showing notifications when an...
  7. Mail app notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  8. Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10: How to: Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 How to Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar app included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about...
  9. Windows 10 mail app action center notification

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app action center notification: The Windows 10 mail app stops notifying me about new emails. What happens is I need to delete my account from the Windows mail app then recreate the account. The mail app will notify me a few times when new mail comes then it stops. Have to keep doing this over and over...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...