Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to use Windows Live Mail 2012 but up until about a week ago, it stopped syncing my hotmail account. I got an email in May or June about... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bigblocktowncar, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

I used to use Windows Live Mail 2012 but up until about a week ago, it stopped syncing my hotmail account. I got an email in May or June about upgrading to a new program or something that was taking place in July I believe, but it kept working so I didn't do anything.

Now WLM does not sync my hotmail account, so I tried using the Windows 10 mail app. I added several different email addresses, but the ready to go button always stays inactive. I googled the problem and found a solution on the MSFT website, but it does not work. What else should I try.....you do not appear to be able to uninstall the mail app.

:)

bigblocktowncar, Sep 1, 2016
  2. D JNelson Win User

Tried to revert to "previous build" 18 hours later still blue screen "restarting"

Downloaded Windows 10 and seemed to work fine for 1 week. Then Windows button inactive and Explorer button inactive. Visited computer tech and he suggested use "Go back to previous build." 18 hours later still see blue screen with "restarting." This is
    unacceptable and unprofessional. Want to go back to Windows 7 (with all data). How can this get done?

D JNelson, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Mail app keep crashing on Windows 10

I removed and re-added mail however when I start mail I see the get started screen and it already lists the accounts I had added originally with the ready to go button, however the mail app crashes/self-closes at this stage. I assume this indicates an
    issue with my actual mail accounts themselves, how do I repair?

Double5peed, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

Is it possible to uninstall the mail app and reinstall it?

bigblocktowncar, Sep 4, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    You can still use WLMail with a hotmail account using imap & smtp rather than deltasync.
    Incoming Server name:
    imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port:993
    Encryption method: SSL
    Outgoing Server name:
    smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port:587
    Encryption method: SSL
    Usually the mail app will automatically enter the details & set up the account, you just enter your hotmail email address & password, is the problem occurring after doing this?

Bastet, Sep 4, 2016
  6. No, I never tried to continue using WLM....I am guessing that if I set the hotmail account up with the new W10 mail app with these settings it would probably work correctly.

These settings do appear to work with WLM though so I will continue to use it. I had to delete the account then make a new one, checking the manual config checkbox. Thanks

bigblocktowncar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

1. Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive - Similar Threads - mail app ready

2. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  3. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  4. Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready": My laptop has been acting strange recently, Everytime I shut it down or a restart, it goes on "getting windows ready".it takes even hours for it to actually shutdown. I'm starting to get concerned.I think a malware is causing this.I've ran a virus scan using "360 Total...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?: Since the update from like a week ago, the button option to configure my personalisation settings or manage my accounts are gone. I thought the gear button was the 'new' dark-light view toggle. Can anyone direct me where can I change my settings for this app?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?: Since the update from like a week ago, the button option to configure my personalisation settings or manage my accounts are gone. I thought the gear button was the 'new' dark-light view toggle. Can anyone direct me where can I change my settings for this app?...
  7. Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button: My problem is the "Delete" button in Photo app is greyed out and unclickable. -> https://prnt.sc/v0krvg I try to delete images in C:\Users\%my username%\AppData\Roaming\ while viewing them in Photos app. In other folders outside "AppData" everything seems fine, "Delete"...
  8. Subscription going active and Inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subscription going active and Inactive: Hello i have a question about Windows Event Forwarding. i was able to set it up and used the Source initiated collector method and added servers successfully to my subscription. My only problem is that most of the devices added show active and then goes inactive and...
  9. App Readiness

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Readiness: Hi, I work in a school and have gone over to Windows 10. Logon was very slow and found out that uninstalling all apps and disabling app readiness seemed to more than half the login times which is great at the moment, the problem we have now is that windows updates fail due to...
  10. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...