Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app. after i read some of the post's here: Windows 10 Mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 10win10, Jan 18, 2018.

1. 10win10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app.

after i read some of the post's here:
    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums

but i still not found any answer to my issue.

i use mail app for long time after i move to windows 10.

i tried some of thing i found to do, like: re-install app , delete windows permission in google , re-add account, play with the settings inside the app -- but nothing help!!!

the mail app don't want to sync my gmail automatically , it's work only manually, i don't know if it's matter but i use two step verification.

the interesting think that my outlook account work and update by himself with out any problem.

i think this app need some fix it's work before so why not now?

for testing i try to use mailbird -- work awesome!!

i get the emails on my phone too so it's not google issue -- it's windows 10 issue!!!

what i can do to fix that????

:)

10win10, Jan 18, 2018
  2. MDN27 Win User

Mail App

I have added my gmail account to the mail app and it will not sync automatically. My windows 10 is up to date. The mail app is up to date. My google account settings are fine. My calendar and contacts are set to sync. The mail app is set to sync every
    15 minutes. I have deleted and re-added the gmail account and still it will not sync automatically. There are no issues with syncing manually but, as far as I'm concerned, it defeats the purpose of the app somewhat if it doesn't sync automatically.

MDN27, Jan 18, 2018
  3. gmail accounts stopped syncing

I've been using the Ms mail app for two weeks now ( I really like it ), and it stopped syncing to my gmail accounts after it did an automatic update. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks!!

stevenrzucidlo, Jan 18, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Did you try to reset Mail app? Settings / Apps / select Mail and Calendar, under name select Advanced options and scroll down , click reset.

Gmail is working fine here with Mail app.

AndreTen, Jan 21, 2018
  5. 10win10 Win User
    yes!!! i tried to do that a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10win10, Jan 22, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Tried setting new Windows account and check if it's working there? This would confirm something in your present account is messed.. (privacy setting or something).

AndreTen, Jan 22, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    If the Reset detailed in #2 does not work you can uninstall the Mail App and then re-install from the MS Store. There is a tutorial on here.
    You can also remove the Gmail Account, restart and add it back in again.

Try a new Test Account.

Use SFC and DISM to check your Windows 10 install. Tutorials on here.

Gmail works here, no problem.

Helmut, Jan 22, 2018
  8. 10win10 Win User

Ok thanks for your answers i will try to do it tomorrow.
    If my current account connect my outlook account and i will go to users folder and on my user i will add .old and enter again it's should re-build my profile again? Because when you mean to do new profile it's to do local?

I already run dism and sfc commend and everything seems normal.

When you write work you get automatically synchronization??

10win10, Jan 22, 2018
  9. 10win10 Win User
    hello again,
    after i create new local user and the mail app was already installed - i configure my gmail account.
    when the app was open it's seems he get sync and show new emails but when the app close and all the settings was set to get when emails come noting happen !!! but my phone get the email without any problem or delay!!!

why!?!?!?

10win10, Jan 23, 2018
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Just to clear something. You don't get mail delivered to you inbox (inside Mail app), or you don't get notifications (but mail is delivered...)

And check your Inbox settings on Gmail. Deselect (for test only) any categories that may be checked and try this way

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account [​IMG]

Edit: this article form MS is worth checking out

AndreTen, Jan 23, 2018
  11. 10win10 Win User
    Hi,
    i didn't get any message inside the app and of course not get any notification. but my outlook account work normalvery strange to me!!!

10win10, Jan 23, 2018
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Could be connected with the way you are getting messages on your phone. Did you do any modifications? Admit, this is not my strongest point - phones, but like any other mail app, it can mark message as read and (or) preventing notification on other devices.

You have default settings on Windows 10 Mail app? Set account via - add - gmail...?

Oh, and what kind of phone are you using (if we will dig into this...)

AndreTen, Jan 23, 2018
  13. 10win10 Win User

Hi
    Thanks again for your replay.
    In my phone i didn't do anything. It's Android phone so i just connect to my google user.
    I use galaxy s8.

Yes in the mail app i do like you said. My google user use two step verification. I read that the maill app may not supported and MS recommend to create application password insides google consle and add the account via advancing options. I tired to do that before but its not sync calander and also not resolve the sync any way. I check also your link from MS and i do anything and same.
    I back to the mail app not support two step verification---- i think it's not right because the mail open and get the gmail mails so the issue is not in gmail user.

Thanks

10win10, Jan 24, 2018
  14. AndreTen Win User
    Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Jan 24, 2018
  15. 10win10 Win User
    hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Jan 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account - Similar Threads - Mail App stop

2. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  3. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  4. Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail

Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail: About moth ago in the end of april my Win10 Mail/Calendar apps stopped syncing with my Gmail account. I checked on my other laptop, which is the same laptop with same software installedWin10,McAffe, except some games, and here Gmail is syncing ok. So why it stopped on the...
  5. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  6. Gmail account stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account stopped syncing: Without an understandable reason, my Gmail account stopped syncing in the Mail app on my desktop. I changed my password, and it still keeps giving me an error message. I've read other complaints in the community about this same issue, but I don't see any answers with any...
  7. Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app

Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app: I've tried this and resetting the app but emails from my Gmail account still do not sync. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-not-syncing-with-win10-mail-app/768bd4c9-f7fc-4e0d-b998-3419ee0b10c5
  8. Windows Mail app not syncing Gmail account anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail app not syncing Gmail account anymore: I am using my Gmail account through the Windows Mail app. Lately, I noticed that whenever I open up the Mail app after a boot, a pop up appears saying that I have to log into my Gmail account each time. Today, I got a pop up in Action Center saying that my Gmail account...
  9. Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts

Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts: Hello there, Since maybe 10-12 hours ago, Mail won't sync my Gmail accounts. It worked perfectly fine for months, yesterday I received one of those "Account needs to be fixed/Settings out of date" messages, went through with the login, and realized after a few hours sync is...
  10. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...