Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Mail app, with 3 email accounts, 2 Hotmail and a Gmail address. At first all is well, mail is delivered as it arrives. After a while... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imaddicted2u, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Using Windows 10 Mail app, with 3 email accounts, 2 Hotmail and a Gmail address.
    At first all is well, mail is delivered as it arrives. After a while the first hotmail account has to be sync'd manually to get mail. After a while the other Hotmail address starts to need manual sync.
    If I reset the mail app and add the accounts back in it works right for a while.
    If I just remove the accounts and reinstall them the hotmail accounts sync as mail arrives again...for a while, then stops.
    I discovered that if I go in to manage accounts, Change mailbox sync settings then turn email sync off and back on the mail is delivered as it arrives again for a while, then stops. It's a workaround but is a real nuisance. I never know if mail will be delivered automatically or not.
    Any thoughts out there on a permanent fix?

Also, sometimes the order of the accounts randomly changes.

:)

imaddicted2u, Mar 1, 2017
  2. Yasshiel Zhang, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Firedon Win User
    Firedon, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Hi imaddicted2u

If you go Start => Settings => Accounts => Email & app accounts

your email accounts should be on right. If you click on one and then click on manage, then midway down the page Options for syncing your content.

How is your box "Download new content" set. I don't use the mail app so mine is set daily. I see you can set to every 15 minutes. I wonder if that will resolve situation.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Go to the Windows Store and ensure it is up to date, the Mail App is updated very frequently, like twice in the last week.
    It depends on the particular Account, but with those two you should be able to set Sync to "as items arrive" > Done > Save.
    However, Syncing is not that great, and I'm always pressing the manual Sync button.

My Accounts order (6 of 'em) never changes Outlook Mail signed on one is always top, the others are alphabetically below.

You should also go to:
    1) Settings > Privacy > Email > the two items in there to ON.
    2) Settings > Privacy > Background Apps > Scroll down to Mail and turn that to ON. You will probably want to do that with the People App as well.

Helmut, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Thanks for the reply.
    Set to "As items arrive". When the problem is happening changing the setting to 15 minutes doesn't help.

7. Thanks
    The mail app is up to date. The accounts are set to "as items arrive" which works for hours or days then it stops and only a manual sync will get mail. I usually send mail from the account I'm logged in with but I have to check each time that I'm picking the right one because that account I'm logged in with is not always on top. I'm thinking the accounts moving is a symptom of whatever is causing the manual sync issue. The settings you mentioned are already on.

8. Helmut Win User

Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

All I can say is MS support suggested a re-install of the Mail App and corruption of the User Profile/Account.
    I re-installed the Mail App and MS created another test Account, however I still get problems with forwarding certain Emails and the Syncing is still dubious. I showed MS the problem, they created the Test Account, and said it was fixed....
    This is the last message from MS customer support:
    "Service Request: XXXXXXXXXX
    Hi XXXXX,

This is XX XX with Microsoft Global Escalation Services.
    Based on our last conversation it appears that this case is not resolved and ready to be archived. If this is not correct or if you are not very satisfied with the support we've provided please let us know as soon as possible. My goal is to ensure that your experience with Microsoft support leaves you very satisfied with our products and services.
    Please reply to this email should you have any questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    XX XX
    Support Escalation Engineer
    Global Escalation Services "

Helmut, Mar 1, 2017
  9. Thanks for the info. I'm guessing but I figure the issue is caused by the app losing contact with the server and toggling the email sync setting for the affected accounts remakes the connection. That might explain why the email accounts order changes as well. Whenever both hotmail accounts are messed up the gmail account moves to the top of the order.

10. I believe there is a separate Outlook app which is good for mail and calendar. Not sure it is the same thing as Windows 10 mail but I could be wrong. My spouse use app on Android smart phone, no syncing issues with outlook.com (hotmail) but only one account.

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2017
  11. Have you used the link app which will set up another inbox which you can name whatever you want to.
    Then all your mail if there is any go into one inbox
    I have mine set up like that and I find it most useful

hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2017
  12. Can't find anything in the Microsoft store, found the app you mention on Google Playstore though. Thanks

13. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Not sure if you mean linked inboxes in Windows Mail app or a separate app, I use linked inboxes in the Microsoft mail app now and all my mail goes there. Normally the 2 hotmail accounts sync automatically as new mail arrives. When things go wrong, one or both of the hotmail accounts stops syncing as new mail arrives and I have to click the sync this view button to sync manually. If there is new mail it arrives in my linked inbox. Not a huge deal, manual syncing is just a nuisance and I just like things to work as they are supposed to.

14. Sorry to hear that I have up to now had no trouble at all, even my gmail, aol and yahoo mail all comes through ok

hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2017
  15. Yes not sure why it doesn't come up. Search Outlook, it will show a few , sometimes it includes. If it doesn't show then click on arrow in search box and click apps. If you search Outlook mail it for sure doesn't come up.

Very strange.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

1. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Similar Threads - Mail app stops

2. Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives: When you have the Windows 10 Mail App open it has a list of Folders like Inbox , Drafts , Sent , etc. , but to get to the Junk folder you have to open "More" , that is a annoyance , but the issue is , you do not know when you have any emails in Junk UNTIL you open that folder...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives: When you have the Windows 10 Mail App open it has a list of Folders like Inbox , Drafts , Sent , etc. , but to get to the Junk folder you have to open "More" , that is a annoyance , but the issue is , you do not know when you have any emails in Junk UNTIL you open that folder...
  4. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail: Hi I must be having a really brain dead day as I can't get the windows mail to work with Yahoo. I have went through the setup process successfully it says. However, I can't send receive any mail My contacts are listed.I have deleted and recreated the account with no change....
  5. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail: Hi I must be having a really brain dead day as I can't get the windows mail to work with Yahoo. I have went through the setup process successfully it says. However, I can't send receive any mail My contacts are listed.I have deleted and recreated the account with no change....
  6. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10

Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10: Hi, I use Mail App in Windows 10. I don't know how tracking my send email. Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/track-mail-in-mail-app-in-windows-10/f5cdbcdc-c0e4-4649-b7c8-d25af5ba0ae9
  8. Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing: Here I just copy this link to other question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-as-items-arrive-option-is/4579422f-d761-46bd-9adc-2d48e89cd722 The thread is locked and I can not answer to it The my problem is that I have mail account...
  9. Windows Mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mail app stopped working: For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but...
  10. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...