Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to OPEN the Windows 10 Mail Application (not Windows Live Hotmail.com website) on my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 using the direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoelHertwig, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut

I want to OPEN the Windows 10 Mail Application (not Windows Live Hotmail.com website) on my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 using the direct "Mail" key. However I can't find the location of the Application. I looked in the obvious folder's that say Windows Mail , but the apps in those folder's only open Contacts or import contacts. They do not open the App itself. The only location the Keyboard Control Center shows is the Windows Live Hotmail (internet page) which I do not want or use. I only want to assign the key to Windows 10 Mail App. I have installed the latest update to the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, 10.4.137.0

How do I go about directing Windows 10 Mail App to this keyboard key???

:)

JoelHertwig, Aug 5, 2018

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut

1. Windows 10 Mail app to Microsoft Keyboard shortcut - Similar Threads - Mail app Microsoft

2. Disable keyboard shortcuts in Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable keyboard shortcuts in Mail: Right now whenever I accidentally press 'backspace' while reading an email in the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop, that mail will automatically be archived. That is a problem for me because I will then have to spend time to restore it to the Inbox. So is there a way to...
  3. Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working

Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working: Hello,In the Microsoft Photos app, the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+E edit, Ctrl+W exit and Ctrl+0 reset zoom are no longer working. They were working fine a last week. I use these three a lot. Other keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl+R rotate, Ctrl++ zoom in and Ctrl+- zoom out, are...
  4. Microsoft keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft keyboard shortcuts: I have just downloaded the latest Windows10 update. When it eventually it started with a page of HINTS.All very good but I now want them back but HOW TO I GET THEM BACK?There were a number of Keyboard Shortcuts I would like to try using the Windows Key....
  5. Microsoft Mail the Windows 10 app

Microsoft Mail the Windows 10 app: Before a mail item is fully loaded placeholders are used for the images. My problem is these placeholders are sometimes not the same size as the final image so the text of the mail jumps in vertical position slightly after the images are fully downloaded. This is oddly...
  6. Microsoft Mail App Windows 10

Microsoft Mail App Windows 10: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my PC and reformat my C drive. In doing so, it appears that something wonky has happened with the windows 10 mail app that is included in Windows 10. It constantly pops to the foreground, forcing out all other applications to...
  7. Windows 10 Mail shortcut in All Apps missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail shortcut in All Apps missing: For some reason the shortcut for Windows 10 Mail has vanished from the Mail folder in All Apps:- [img] It was working fine after the initial upgrade of Windows 10 to V1511. Hence I cannot run Mail. I am running Windows 10 Home (32 bit). Is there a way to recreate...
  8. Microsoft windows 10 mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft windows 10 mail app.: I thought that I would have another bash at my problem with the new mail app.Before dumping it and going to give another email client a go. Been looking at the Thunderbird email. Anyway this is my problem,Also did a clean install in the last few days to attempt to resolve...
  9. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 List of Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail app keyboard shortcuts

2. windows 10 go directly to hotmail inbox from shortcut

3. microsoft mail and microsoft keyboard

4. windows 10 mail keyboard shortcut,
  5. microsoft mail shortcut windows 10,
  6. windows 10 microsoft mail shortcut