Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This started a few months ago and I put on feedback but haven't heard anything. At any rate all of a sudden Windows 10 Mail is constantly using 30%+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinUrie, Jul 13, 2018.

1. KevinUrie Win User

Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google

This started a few months ago and I put on feedback but haven't heard anything.

At any rate all of a sudden Windows 10 Mail is constantly using 30%+ CPU on my i7 Surface Book. It's killing the battery life and the fan annoying.

Others appear to be having the same issue as well, but no response yet.

:)

KevinUrie, Jul 13, 2018
  2. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Jul 13, 2018
  3. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google

1. Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google - Similar Threads - Mail app using

2. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  3. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  4. Mail and Calendar sync with Google Workspace

Mail and Calendar sync with Google Workspace: I'm trying to get my Google Workspace calendar to sync with the Calendar app so a CRM program can create meetings. I can't sync Calendar with my Google workspace account, I can with personal gmail. Do you know a way to do this? Or another program I could use?Just to clarify,...
  5. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome High CPU Usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/
  6. Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!

Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!: Hey there, I cannot sync my email anymore in the Windows 10 Mail app. I am using mailbox.org set up in the mail app as an Exchange account. Worked perfectly fine until about 4 days ago. I can still sync my Gmail account, and separate folder in the mailbox.org account, I...
  7. mail app sync

mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  8. Mail App and Calender not syncing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App and Calender not syncing in Windows 10: All was fine until 3 days ago. Now I can not get my outlook.com calendar or email to sync onto my computer in Windows 10 Mail Version 16005.11001.20083.0. I have made no changes myself so it must be something at your end. Moved from Email / Connecting to Outlook.com...
  9. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  10. Mail program never syncs with Google Apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail program never syncs with Google Apps?: I use Google Apps for my email. The Windows 10 Mail program syncs with my email when I first set it up... but then it NEVER syncs again. Never shows me when I get new mail or anything. If I click the manual sync button, it tries for several minutes before completely failing...