Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using the windows 10 mail app with my gmail account. When I receive a forwarded email the forwarded message does not show. It notes that there is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pduckman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. pduckman Win User

Windows 10 Mail app

I am using the windows 10 mail app with my gmail account. When I receive a forwarded email the forwarded message does not show. It notes that there is an attachment but the attachment has no extension so I can not open it. When I go to my gmail account via Firefox the message is there and also on my iphone the forwarded message is shown. How do I get Windows 10 mail app to show the forwarded email?

:)

pduckman, Aug 15, 2016

2. Email Error Code 0x80040902

If Window 10 Email doesn't work, then Windows 10 is a mistake! Your fix doesn't work, that is where I had it originally. When I first set it up, it worked, now it doesn't. BAD!

Windows 10 Mail BAD, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Organize Mail in Windows 10

You have pointed to the Window 8 mail app, which is different from the Windows 10 mail app.

The Windows 10 mail app doesn't have even the functionality that was in the very limited Windows 8 mail app.

A_User_Here, Aug 15, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 Mail app

Hi pduckman and welcome to Tenforums!

I have no problems with gmail and its attachments.
    My settings are as follows: imap setting on gmail and Windows mail settings are in picture below. I also have checked "Always download full message ... " checked.

AndreTen, Aug 16, 2016
  5. pduckman Win User
    Thanks AndreTen, I checked my settings and they are the same as yours. It appears that if someone forwards me a message they received, I cannot view the forwarded portion. The email I receive on the Windows 10 mail app shows an attachment but it has no extension so it cannot be opened. When receiving the same email on my iPhone I can see the forwarded message. Additionally, if I log on to my Gmail account through Firefox, the message comes through as well. Something in Windows 10 mail app is preventing me from viewing the forwarded message in the email I receive.

pduckman, Aug 16, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Do you have extensions visible in explorer? What type of attachment isn't opening?

I have to admit, that sometimes Mail app don't show me the attachments as well. But not from gmail, from another account.
    You can also send feedback to MS. This are still evolving applications and MS is responsive to suggestions.

Edit. I have to reread your original post. You have email as attachment?

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app

1. Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Mail app

2. MAIL & CALENDAR APP UNABLE TO LAUCH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAIL & CALENDAR APP UNABLE TO LAUCH: AM USING THE WIN 10 AND UTNIL UPTO WEEK FOR PAST 3 YEARS, THE MAIL & CALENDAR APP WAS WORKING FINE SUDDENLY ONE DAY IT STOPPED WORKING AND IS NOT ABLE TO LAUNH HAVE TRIED ALL RESET , PRIVACY CHNAGE OPTION ETC... BUT NO LUCK SO FAR CAN ANYONE GUIDE PLEASE...
  3. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account: All, My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning. It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless. [img] I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix

Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix: I'M SURE U ARE ALREADY SUPER FRUSTRATED LIKE I WAS AT THIS POINT...AFTER SEARCHING AND READING AND FAILED ATTEMPTS AT FIXING THIS SIMPLE ERROR..."NEED TO UPDATE/CHANGED PERMISSION TO ALLOW THIS DEVISE" SO AOL CAN SYNC TO WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP........ WELL....HERE IS THE SIMPLE...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts: As you can see in the image below, I have setup (even two different) email accounts but the Windows 10 Mail app acts as if I have not setup any... [img] I already tried the official MS forums to no avail. I.e. deleting and re-adding accounts, reinstalling Mail app or...
  6. error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App: When using the mail app in: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 I'm getting the error code: error 0x8007042b I've disabled anti-virus but that didn't work. What I'm trying to do is: Go to the settings (the cog wheel in the app) Manage...
  7. error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

in Windows 10 Support
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App: When using the mail app in: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 I'm getting the error code: error 0x8007042b I've disabled anti-virus but that didn't work. What I'm trying to do is: Go to the settings (the cog wheel in the app) Manage...
  8. Mail App Error Message (0x80070425) when adding account in Windows 10

Mail App Error Message (0x80070425) when adding account in Windows 10: I have been able to add a GSuite email to the Mail App Account with a 2 step verification App password. However when I try to add that same email address to the Calendar App I get this Error Code (0x80070425) Any ideas on how to solve it? I have searched the forums but most...
  9. how to fix error code 0x80070057 in mail app?!!

how to fix error code 0x80070057 in mail app?!!: i tried to sign in with my email using mail app but i cant see my inbox mail or do any thing and there is a message of error code 0x80070057. so how can i fix this?!...
  10. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...