Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Last week I installed a new hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 10. Previously I had used Windows Live Mail, but I changed to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jcmells, Jun 5, 2018.

1. jcmells Win User

Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

Last week I installed a new hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 10. Previously I had used Windows Live Mail, but I changed to the pre-installed Windows 10 Mail program. Since then, I have had delays of up to 30 minutes receiving e-mails, and the audio/banner notifications are sporadic. I have confirmed I am using the correct settings from my ISP, have all the correct boxes checked, and have even re-installed Mail twice - with no luck. Does anybody have any idea what the problem can be? I have spent hours scouring the internet for a fix for this problem but can find nothing helpful. Appreciate any possible solutions anybody can provide.

:)

jcmells, Jun 5, 2018

2. Mail Notification Banners not showing

I want this feature in Windows 10 Mail. I followed the steps you mentioned. App Notifications are enabled and mail is showing in apps to show notifications but still I don't get a banner notification.

Kashif Tasneem, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Mail Notification Banners not showing

Hi,

Do you want to turn on this feature for Windows 10 Mail app or Outlook 2013?

If you haven't performed these steps to display the New Email Notification banner for messages that you receive please follow the below steps:

1. In the search option of the taskbar type “Notifications & actions settings” without quote and press enter.

2. In Notifications & Actions, Show app notifications should be “On”. If it is not, click to the slider to turn on.

3. Scroll down to Show Notifications from these apps and click on
    Outlook.

4. Notifications should be “on”.

5. In the “Show notifications from these apps section” make sure Show notification banners should be “on” for Outlook 2013 application if you want to display banners in the lower right corner as messages arrive.

Note: The New Email Alert will only display when the message is delivered to the Inbox folder. If you want the alert to display for other messages you’ll need to make a rule to display the alert.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

1. Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications - Similar Threads - Mail Delays Sporadic

2. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  3. Windows 10 banner notifications not appearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 banner notifications not appearing.: Recently I've noticed I haven't been seeing notifications. I checked the action center and saw notifications from minutes ago that I haven't seen. I set all apps to show banner notifications in settings and nothing changed. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Barnoii...
  4. delayed notifications in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delayed notifications in windows 10 mail app: [ATTACH] Windows 10 mail app is receiving mails with delay and as such notifications are also delayed. Settings of the app is as per screenshot. Please tell best possible solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  5. Windows 10 mail app delayed notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app delayed notification: The windows 10 mail app is receiving emails with delay and as such notifications are also delayed or sometimes there is no notification. The sync setting for the mail is Download new content ' as item arrive'. Please tell best solution for this problem....
  6. No notification banner in windows 10 mail app in gmail account

No notification banner in windows 10 mail app in gmail account: Hello, I have noticed that recently my windows 10 mail app does not show the notification banner when I receive an email from a gmail account. In another outlook account it does appear. Notifications only appear when I manually open the app. The sync and notification...
  7. windows 10 notification delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 notification delay?: I just received a notification that an iPhone has been plugged into my laptop and to choose what to do with my device. The thing is there was nothing connected to my laptop, since 12 hours ago. Is this a notification delay or could this be a something entirely else? Normally...
  8. Delete button for Mail Notification Banner

Delete button for Mail Notification Banner: For the notification banner for the included mail app in Windows 10, is it possible to add a "Delete" option? Or change any of the options ""Flag" & "Archive") to "Delete"? I'd like to immediately delete spam mail without having to go to/open the mail app. Someone else with...
  9. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  10. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...