Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Windows tablet which had Windows 8.1 installed. On Windows 8.1 the mail and calendar app synced nicely through Exchange ActiveSync. I then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Phuturist, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Phuturist Win User

Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies

I have a Windows tablet which had Windows 8.1 installed. On Windows 8.1 the mail and calendar app synced nicely through Exchange ActiveSync. I then upgraded to Windows 10 with the option to save my personal settings but have been unable to sync afterwards. There error message in the new Windows Mail app is as mentioned in this thread:

Code: You'll need a personal certificate to connect to <<servername>>. Error code: 85030027[/quote] So the upgrade to Windows 10 has broken it for me. I already tried reinstalling the certificate to my personal keystore. I have received a fresh self-signed certificate from my IT department which I installed to my personal keystore but all to no avail. When setting up the corporate account and entering all the details it also does not ask to enforce the policies that come with the certificate. It seems the Mail app just does not see that the certificate in my keystore should be used for this email account and I see no way to manually connect this certificate to my email account.

This error stops me from syncing my email and calender and I'm pretty close to reverting back to Windows 8.1 as I really need this for my work. The settings are correct, I also have an Android smartphone which syncs just fine with the same settings (thank god that just works). So obviously it's something Microsoft Windows 10 Mail related.

Would be great if someone could help me out.

:)

Phuturist, Aug 13, 2015
  2. GlennP Win User

Unable to remove an old Office365 email account due to Enforce Policy error

I am attempting to delete a defunct Office 365 account from the Windows Mail and Calendar app (Win 10) but when attempting to do so the app asks me to
    Make My PC More Secure and Enforce Policy, the fails with a COM 08001015 if I agree to enforce the policy and with a 080004004 if I cancel.

Any ideas?

GlennP, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Mail App on an unencrypted Windows 10 PC can connect to ActiveSync Mobile email access that requires encryption on device

I'm using exchange server 2010, and created an ActiveSync profile, it requires "encryption on device" and "encryption on storage card". I tried to run Mail App on a Windows 10 professional 64bit PC to connect to ActiveSync email, Mail App asks me to "enforce
    policy", I clicked "enforce policy", then the Mail App connected to my email server through successfully and retrieved emails. the question is that my Windows PC's hard disk is not encrypted, but Mail App ignores the policy of "encryption o device" and "encryption
    on storage card", is this a problem?

JieZHANG666, Aug 13, 2015
  4. TheMany Win User

Phuturist,

A lot of us are having trouble connecting to Exchange. The trouble may be that the Exchange server sees Windows 10 mail as a mobile device (not a desktop OS app like it did on Windows 8.1.)

Anyhow, there is a discussion going on here at the Microsoft forums:

ActiveSync Mailbox Policies Supported By Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I've been checking here a lot, but there seems to be more interest in the Edge browser than the problems with Win 10 email. Maybe they need to separate this category into two new ones: "Browsers" and "Email Client."

TheMany, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies - Similar Threads - Mail doesnt find

2. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  3. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  4. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  5. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  8. windows mail doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows mail doesnt work: Hi, i have 3 separate mail accounts on my windows mail. 2 of them work properly but my gmail account is not working. I had to delete the account and then set it up again. it works for a while and then it stops receiving or sending mails again. It is not a google problem...
  9. How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

in Browsers and Email
    How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?: Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me to keep my PC more secure...
  10. Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies: whenever i am on Windows 10 i get a constant popup that says that if i want to connect to the server i have to update my security settings. I then have two buttons: cancel and execute. Whichever i push makes no difference; the popup keeps appearing disrupting everything. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 080004004 windows phone 10