Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mbratch, Apr 10, 2017.

1. mbratch Win User

Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read.

I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and reported it here in another thread. At that time, the solution offered solved my problem. However, this time, the solution is not working. I can't seem to get rid of the phantom unread email count.

:)

mbratch, Apr 10, 2017

2. Mail App

I use the simple Microsoft Mail application on my Surface Book. When I open the app, it says I have three unread messages in my inbox, however, I am certain that I do not. How do I get these phantom unread messages to go away?

NathanGrove, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Mail App issues - unread mail color

Read emails in the Mail app does not have the highlighted bar next to the message in the inbox. Unread Mail will have a vertical blue bar or other color next to the message to indicate it is unread.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2017
  4. mbratch Win User

Well... after some period of time, it mysteriously cleared itself up.

mbratch, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message - Similar Threads - Mail Indicates Phantom

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  4. Phantom error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom error Message: About three days ago I plugged my S21+ Samsung into a USB port to charge while I was working on my laptop. No I am continually getting error messages and I can't find where to clear something that will make it go away. I appreciate any help someone may have....
  5. Phantom error Message

Phantom error Message: About three days ago I plugged my S21+ Samsung into a USB port to charge while I was working on my laptop. No I am continually getting error messages and I can't find where to clear something that will make it go away. I appreciate any help someone may have....
  6. Phantom unread message in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom unread message in windows mail: Go to "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\" Then backup et delete hxdxxxxx.xxx files. That's work for me...
  7. Unread Messages in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unread Messages in Outlook: When I open my Office Outlook all of my messages show as already read. It only started this about a month ago. I have changed the settings numerous times just as the instructions say, but it just goes right back to showing all messages read. I want my unread messages to...
  8. Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu

Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu: I've discovered whats causing the phantom unread messages icon to show unread emails in the taskbar and start menu. Steps to reproduce: 1. New unread emails sitting in the Inbox (or any folder). 2. Click on the unread email, then quickly right-click. 3. Before the...
  9. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  10. Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message: I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail icon on windows 10 shows a phantom message in my inbox so how do I fix

2. windows 10 mail phantom unread

3. windows 10 mail indicates unread message