Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mbratch, Apr 10, 2017.

1. mbratch Win User

Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read.

I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and reported it here in another thread. At that time, the solution offered solved my problem. However, this time, the solution is not working. I can't seem to get rid of the phantom unread email count.

:)

mbratch, Apr 10, 2017

2. Mail App

I use the simple Microsoft Mail application on my Surface Book. When I open the app, it says I have three unread messages in my inbox, however, I am certain that I do not. How do I get these phantom unread messages to go away?

NathanGrove, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Mail App issues - unread mail color

Read emails in the Mail app does not have the highlighted bar next to the message in the inbox. Unread Mail will have a vertical blue bar or other color next to the message to indicate it is unread.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2017
  4. mbratch Win User

Well... after some period of time, it mysteriously cleared itself up.

mbratch, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message - Similar Threads - Mail Indicates Phantom

2. Windows Mail app search within unread only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app search within unread only: Hello, In Windows 10 Mail app how can I search in Unread messages only? I know how I can filter Unread only, using the drop down list. But as soon as I enter a term to search in the search box, my choice in the drop down list changes to "inbox", and the only options in the...
  3. Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu

Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu: I've discovered whats causing the phantom unread messages icon to show unread emails in the taskbar and start menu. Steps to reproduce: 1. New unread emails sitting in the Inbox (or any folder). 2. Click on the unread email, then quickly right-click. 3. Before the...
  4. Mail messages in Windows 10 disappearing

Mail messages in Windows 10 disappearing: I converted to the Mail application with I upgraded to Win 10. Any messages I send more than 3 days old seem to disappear. I don't see anywhere in the Settings that I can set this. I am hoping you can help me....
  5. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  6. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...
  7. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  8. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable: How do I reset the left side column marked "folder's" which seems to be covered over and I can not read my folder titles? My inbox is ok and my emails I can read but not the folders? 88777
  9. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message: I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail phantom unread

2. windows 10 mail indicates unread message