Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Is Frustrating Me

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Is Frustrating Me in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just switched from Windows XP with Outlook as my mail program to Windows 10 Mail. I have the following problems with this obviously web based email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DanR, Aug 18, 2015.

1. DanR Win User

Windows 10 Mail Is Frustrating Me

I just switched from Windows XP with Outlook as my mail program to Windows 10 Mail. I have the following problems with this obviously web based email app:

1. Sync to my Gmail account is sporadic. When I open my Gmail account in the morning in Windows Mail, it often shows that mail has not been checked since the previous day. Meanwhile my Ipad shows the Gmail immediately. I tried playing with the "settings" options, but no matter which sync instruction I use the problem persists.

2. Windows Mail is painfully slow (sometimes minutes) in opening PDF and photo attachments to mail messages.

I don't quite understand how Microsoft allowed the program to be released with these bugs.

Thanks for your responses in advance

:)

2. Microsoft Account email setting.

I have the wrong email associated to the new windows 10 account. I've tried everything I can find to correct it. All I get is "resend code" and "that email has been cancelled" and I get nowhere. VERY frustrated to say the least. I cannot find a way to
    contact Microsoft directly and keep going in circles with the "no help" sections. Should have never upgraded to an even worse OS then Windows 8

I need to remove / cancel the wrong email from the account and reestablish the account with the correct settings and "uncancel" the account that was cancelled during the process. The endless loops of verification requirements has me running into walls at
    every turn

Windows 10 is frustrating, Aug 18, 2015
  3. FOCWIN10 Win User
    Win 10 is Frustrating me

You are correct in a sense but wrong overall. It is a "Windows" problem since I had all my hardware in my computer BEFORE I checked on Win10's compatibility (and the hardware was only 6 months old). When I ran the scan it came back with two programs that
    were not compatible (Photoshop and Video Studio editor) but it said ALL of my hardware WAS compatible. Everything worked fine for a few months and then all the BSOD's started happening. I have done everything that was suggested except getting a new computer.
    I am on a fixed income and can't afford to buy new **** every time a company decides to F everyone over by making OS that requires you to purchase new programs because they "have new apps" or "a better look". My XP was fine but I upgraded to Vista. Vista was
    fine but they made it so I can't reinstall that anymore and FORCED me to buy 10 or go elsewhere. You may not be having problems and for that you are lucky but I have read on many blogs about people with issues that are not or can not be fixed. I am one of
    those who, in order to fix this, have to buy a new motherboard or graphics card or new computer since MS doesn't want to do anything to allow any software other than their selected MFG's to operate on their OS.

FOCWIN10, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Mail Is Frustrating Me

Hi,
    No help in fixing i'm afraid, but you are not alone with mail issues

if you haven't checked yet, go to the store and check for updates, there was a mail update today, might fix your issues

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Harpert Win User
    If you have a valid Outlook license, install Outlook
    Office 365 is 99 Euro / 99 dollar a year (and valid for 5 computers)
    Office 365 wil give you not just Outlook, but Word, Excel, publisher etc.

You came from XP...... why not spent 99 dollar (shared with 4 other people) and have the complete office 2013 for 20 Dollar a year.

good luck

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  6. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Why not keep using Outlook? What version? I use both 2003 and 2010 in my two machines and they work fine as they did before.

7. tcman50 Win User
    I use outlook.com, L: xxx@live.com is the default account which is send and receive but I also set up my gmail account in outlook.com as send only and have it forwarded to outlook.com so I can recevie it as well, works great.

TC

tcman50, Aug 18, 2015
  8. CMH
    CMH Win User

Set it up, slow, does not get e mails, so account info removed and unpinned....unfortunately it can't be uninstalled.

9. DanR Win User
    I ditched it and went to Mozilla Thunderbird. Why isn't Microsoft being responsive to this frustrating problem?

DanR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail Is Frustrating Me - Similar Threads - Mail Frustrating

2. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  3. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  4. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  6. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  7. I'm greatly frustrated, can't reset my pin-code because e-mail linked to mailbox I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm greatly frustrated, can't reset my pin-code because e-mail linked to mailbox I don't...: I had a technical issue with my laptop, it somehow got reset, then I had to restore it painfully, but after that it said that my settings have changed and the PIN-code I used doesn't work anymore. I tried to change it, memorizing the Outlook e-mail and password I used to...
  8. I'm greatly frustrated, can't reset my pin-code because e-mail linked to mailbox I don't...

I'm greatly frustrated, can't reset my pin-code because e-mail linked to mailbox I don't...: I had a technical issue with my laptop, it somehow got reset, then I had to restore it painfully, but after that it said that my settings have changed and the PIN-code I used doesn't work anymore. I tried to change it, memorizing the Outlook e-mail and password I used to...
  9. Mail app account setting going out of date over and over - Very frustrating

Mail app account setting going out of date over and over - Very frustrating: I receive messages for my mail app every single day and sometimes multiple times a day and all of my accounts linked to the mail app are out of date. I then need to confirm the email and password every time. This is so frustrating. What is wrong with this app? I have reset...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!

Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!: I have a bug in Windows 10 app. I run a search for an email, click "online", and the results show up. If I try to click on one of the search results, all the emails disappear. Link to screen capture....