Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have been using Windows 10 Mail app for a long time, and had two email accounts on this. One was my personal hotmail account, and one was... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GrahamB, Aug 21, 2017.

1. GrahamB Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts

Hi guys,

I have been using Windows 10 Mail app for a long time, and had two email accounts on this. One was my personal hotmail account, and one was an exchange account I use for work.
    Last week the exchange account stopped working (no emails in the inbox or in saved folders). The personal account still worked but I was unable to access the account settings for either.

I tried to reset Mail, and re-add the accounts but this didn't work.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Mail program but I cannot add either account now. I don't get any error messages it just keeps on loading and nothing happens when I try to add either account.

Can anybody assist? (Also I'm not that proficient at IT, so any explanation in layman's terms would be appreciated)
    Thanks

:)

GrahamB, Aug 21, 2017

2. How to add accounts to the mail feature in Windows 10

Original Title: adding email accounts

on the windows 10, I was able add a gmail account but no other accounts, how do I add other email accounts to the mail feature?

JamesBreitling, Aug 21, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Hi GrahamB....try this...Open Mail, at top click on rotating arrows to sync...welcome to TenForums

dencal, Aug 21, 2017
  5. GrahamB Win User
    Thanks Dencal,

Unfortunately when I open Mail I cannot get to that screen. The below is what I see:

Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts [​IMG]

GrahamB, Aug 21, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    Do you open mail from the Taskbar?......Try this...unpin from taskbar....then open Mail from Start Menu.

dencal, Aug 21, 2017
  7. GrahamB Win User
    Hi Dencal, I had actually opened this from the start menu unfortunately...

GrahamB, Aug 22, 2017
  8. dencal Win User

The reason I suggested you remove the taskbar app is because you had removed and reinstalled Mail.
    This could cause a problem as the taskbar version had been uninstalled rendering it dead, and as you had two versions one being dead maybe it confused the computer when trying to load.

Had similar problems after uninstalling and reinstalling apps....having saved to the taskbar as well as having a version in the Start Menu.

dencal, Aug 22, 2017
  9. GrahamB Win User
    That makes sense. No, I actually don't have the re-installed app on my taskbar at all.

Do you recommend anything else?

GrahamB, Aug 23, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    dencal, Aug 23, 2017
  11. GrahamB Win User
    Hi Dencal, I've already done that I'm afraid (twice actually). The print screen I sent you earlier, was from the re-installed app. May be it will never work again

GrahamB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts - Similar Threads - Mail able add

2. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail: I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I...
  3. Mail not able to add account

Mail not able to add account: I have been trying to connect my school gmail account to the mail app but it just shows this kind of error [ATTACH] I did not encounter this problem with my other 2 gmail accounts. My build is Windows 10 1909, with no pending updates....
  4. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  5. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  6. Windows 10 Mail app not able to add @outlook.com and @gmail.com email accounts, keeps...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app not able to add @outlook.com and @gmail.com email accounts, keeps...: Hello, My new windows 10 laptop Mail app keeps getting error code messages when i try to add @outlook.com and @gmail.com email accounts; error code 0x80004005 for @outlook.com email account, and error code 0x8007139f for @gmail.com email account. Not sure what's really...
  7. how to add email accounts to live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  8. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  9. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....
  10. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to add account in windows mail

2. windows not able to add gmail account

3. not able to add email account to windows 10