Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had no problems until I had help from Microsoft advisor. Deleted my account and then re-installed, since then no mail??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James O'Farrell, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server

I had no problems until I had help from Microsoft advisor. Deleted my account and then re-installed, since then no mail??

:)

James O'Farrell, Aug 16, 2018

2. Error: 0x80072efd, "cannot connect to mail.btinternet.com" on Mail app in Windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Mail app with syncing the mails. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to operating system prior to this issue that is resulting in this?
    • Which is the Windows troubleshooter you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?
    • Is internet connection working fine on your device?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues Mail app.

Method 1: As per the error message, I suggest you to check with the internet connection on your device. Make sure it is working fine and try to sync the mails.

Also, Use Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    as it find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Sept 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R
      to open Run command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with syncing the emails on Mail app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server

1. Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server - Similar Threads - Mail connecting server

2. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  5. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  6. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  8. Windows 10 mail fix for AOL mail server

Windows 10 mail fix for AOL mail server: I found the fix for me so my Windows 10 mail app would sync with AOL mail. Go to your AOL mail. Go to Options - Account Information - Account Security - Generate App Password. I had to manually put Windows 10 mail in the app name space. AOL will generate the password to use...
  9. Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 Mail deleting from the server: Hi, I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails on the actual server. I want the server to remain intact so others can read things of interest to them. Is this possible in...
  10. server properties for Window Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    server properties for Window Mail: How do I get to the properties for a Windows Mail account? I need to access the incoming and outgoing server settings etc. etc. etc. I can't find any way to get beyond email address and password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win mail not connecting

2. windows mail not connecting to server

3. windows mail not connecting to outgoing server