Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail signature

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail signature in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there, I have just purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and have just started to use Mail. Each new mail I compose is automatically adding the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by HomersDad, Aug 25, 2017.

1. HomersDad Win User

Windows 10 Mail signature

Hi there,
    I have just purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and have just started to use Mail. Each new mail I compose is automatically adding the signature "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" - I have tried to turn off the option several times under Settings-Signature-Turn signature slider to "off" and ticked the "All accounts" box - every time I start a new mail I see that signature is still there and each time I go back to Settings the slider has switched itself back to On - any ideas please?

:)

HomersDad, Aug 25, 2017

2. Where is HTML signature in Windows 10 Mail

On Microsoft's Windows 10 help site, the instructions to add signatures are as follows:

Change Windows Mail signature settings

You can use the Signatures tab in the Windows Mail Options dialog box to create and modify custom signatures for your messages. Signatures can contain your name, e‑mail address, phone number, and any other information that you want to include at the bottom
    of your e‑mail messages. To access the Signatures tab:

• Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.

• Click the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.

Show all
    Create
    a signature

To create a signature:

• Under Signatures, click New.

• Under Edit Signature, do one of the following:

• In the Text box, type your signature.

• Click File, click Browse, click the text or HTML file that contains your signature, and then click Open.

• Click OK.

Tip

• If you want to create a signature containing custom fonts or graphics, design the signature using a word processor or HTML editor and save it as an HTML file. Then follow the steps above to select that file as a signature.

I can't find the button to add an HTML file in the signature options — where is it ?

kristo_765, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Outlook signature is changed to italics

Having successfully attached a signature to my e-mails in Windows 10 Outlook, I find when opening up a new e-mail the automatic space above the signature is in italics. I have checked the set up of the signature and there are no spaces before the signature
    and the signature is not in italics. Where do I find the e-mail template within Windows 10 Outlook so that I may correct his problem. Many thanks.

Original title: Nanke

Kay Webster, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Just looked at my settings and surprise, surprise the "use an email signature" has been switch on. It was off for my 6 accounts that's for sure.
    You are right, same thing happens here, set it to off and restart Mail and it's on again, grrrr.
    Putting a Space in the box gets rid of it.
    I suppose that is advertising.

The Mail App is updated about twice a week, looks like they changed things to see how many complaints they get.

Helmut, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail signature - Similar Threads - Mail signature

2. Email signature is blurry in mail app not outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email signature is blurry in mail app not outlook: No idea why this is happening. It's fine when I insert the image into the signature box, but it looks different when seeing it from emailing people. Please advise....
  3. Email signature is blurry in mail app not outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email signature is blurry in mail app not outlook: No idea why this is happening. It's fine when I insert the image into the signature box, but it looks different when seeing it from emailing people. Please advise....
  4. Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone: I've seen partial answers to this question, but I'm still having trouble.I want to use Windows 11 Mail App until Outlook for Windows the new app allows other accounts to be added.But when I go to add a signature, no formatting options are available.I tried repairing the app -...
  5. Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone

Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone: I've seen partial answers to this question, but I'm still having trouble.I want to use Windows 11 Mail App until Outlook for Windows the new app allows other accounts to be added.But when I go to add a signature, no formatting options are available.I tried repairing the app -...
  6. Windows 11 mail app doesn't allow me to change my signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail app doesn't allow me to change my signature: I have recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and i am trying to add email accounts to the mail app but i cannot bespoke the signature. My previous laptop with an older windows version allows me to add hyperlinks, images etc but this version i can't please advise!...
  7. Windows 11 mail app doesn't allow me to change my signature

Windows 11 mail app doesn't allow me to change my signature: I have recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and i am trying to add email accounts to the mail app but i cannot bespoke the signature. My previous laptop with an older windows version allows me to add hyperlinks, images etc but this version i can't please advise!...
  8. I can't add a image to the signature section in Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a image to the signature section in Mail: I am using Windows 11.In unable to add a screenshot but its only has a text box and no option to add images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-a-image-to-the-signature-section-in/6848d655-5982-4e13-947c-21d2bd9abc99
  9. I can't add a image to the signature section in Mail

I can't add a image to the signature section in Mail: I am using Windows 11.In unable to add a screenshot but its only has a text box and no option to add images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-a-image-to-the-signature-section-in/6848d655-5982-4e13-947c-21d2bd9abc99
  10. Add Signature Editor to Windows 10 Mail

Add Signature Editor to Windows 10 Mail: A couple of years ago, I had to reinstall Mail on a Windows 11 machine; the new installation didn't have the Signature Editor. I posted here and received a procedure listed below the message to install a version with the Signature Editor. I followed the procedure, and it...