Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. Been trying to get my head around this mail app that Microsoft has kindly given us in windows 10. Looks okay what I can see at this moment been... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, May 10, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Windows 10 Mail

Hi.
    Been trying to get my head around this mail app that Microsoft has kindly given us in windows 10.
    Looks okay what I can see at this moment been trying to get the new mail notification to work that was a bit of a headache but did get it to work the only thing was it don't show on screen for a long time.*Confused
    Signatures in the mail,Yes I did manage that bit okay,But in WLM you can have a signature in a font and colour of your choice in windows 10 mail its just plain black and couldn't see any choice of different font or colour.
    Does anyone have any ideas on this for me Please,As I'm getting ready for the time when WLM will come to the end.
    Also tried Thunderbird on my Acer W10 laptop and for some reason I lost a lot of my outlook.com mail with TB.Cant find a way to get them back.What a day its been.*cry
    Assistance Please.
    Many Thanks to all.
    David.

:)

2. Email Error Code 0x80040902

If Window 10 Email doesn't work, then Windows 10 is a mistake! Your fix doesn't work, that is where I had it originally. When I first set it up, it worked, now it doesn't. BAD!

Windows 10 Mail BAD, May 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 10, 2016
  4. menu Win User

Windows 10 Mail

Anyone Please..Thanks. *Sad

5. AndreTen Win User
    I think, that no one is responding, because there is no solution to your problems. At least that I'm aware of. Windows Mail app have signatures, but as you pointed out, there is no way to format its font.

Good thing is, Mail is developed actively. Try giving a suggestion to MS.

About your outlook.com mails, that TB mess with. Did you tried get them back online? They should be in "deleted" folder if you login in your webmail.

AndreTen, May 11, 2016
  6. Things are being added to the Mail App all the time
    Since I have been using it from the beginning it has improved a lot

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    What you see is what you get.
    Mail app is no more than a "middleman" for other real email programs.
    You will not get the type of sophistication you find in WLM or Microsoft Outlook. Even the web-based Outlook.com is far far far more superior than this so-called mail app.

If you want business as before, forget about the mail app.
    You have another thread about this mail app. Perhaps the 2 together will give you a better idea ?

davidhk, May 13, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Mail

In what way does it suck.
    I use it all the time for both sending and receiving e-mails
    About 150-200 a day and a lot with attatchments as well and it has never ever let me down, or had one complaint about them not being about to read it.
    It is far better than incredimail that a lot of the time did not download all my e-mails
    Also they are still adding to it works get with the calendar as well

hTconeM9user, May 16, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Agreed.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  10. Phone Man Win User
    I decide to try the Mail App as I am currently using WLM. Is there a way to setup mail rules so I can send different new mail to different folders like in WLM?

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, May 17, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    No such animal in Mail app.

Stick with WLM.

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  12. Phone Man Win User
    In the future WLM won't work with my Outlook.com account.
    I have other POP accounts that I use WLM for and want to possibly migrate them all to one app.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, May 17, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Mail

Maybe in the distant future ? Like 22nd Century ?
    (kidding).

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    eM Client will be a good replacement.
    Check it out yourself.

eM Client

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  15. AndreTen Win User
    This is typically the task you have to perform in webmail of yours outlook or hotmail account.

Go to internet and set the rules about different incoming mail. This will then appear according to this rules in your Mail app in Windows.
    You can also connect different mail accounts and add different extensions (this is new to me).

AndreTen, May 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail

1. Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  3. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  4. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  9. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade