Windows 10: Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

Discus and support Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jagadeesh, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jagadeesh Win User

Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

Hi,

New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will Microsoft begin charging for them at some point?

Thanks

:)

Jagadeesh, Jul 16, 2017

2. how long after updating to windows 10 will it be free?

I am a senior and it is hard enough to run pc and this 10 is too confusing for me. Please hurry with answer.

eileenburger, Jul 16, 2017
  3. how long after updating to windows 10 will it be free?

Hi,

If you upgrade within the time limit (one year after release), they will be no charge at all later on

http://www.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows/windows-10-faq

Is it really free to upgrade?

Yes. Windows 10 is a free upgrade for qualified Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 Update and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
    This free upgrade is offered for one year after Windows 10 is available.
    After you upgrade, Windows 10 is yours to enjoy.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

There is no plan for them to start charging for the updates to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free? - Similar Threads - Major Updates long

2. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  3. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  4. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  5. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  6. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  7. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  8. How long can I have the free version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long can I have the free version of windows 10: . submitted by /u/memeskid123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l58l56/how_long_can_i_have_the_free_version_of_windows_10/
  9. how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10: I am following the freeing up space and I have been waiting tor 45 minutes and the blue bar does not seem to be progressing any further. Is there a problem?...
  10. How long is the free update/reserve available?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long is the free update/reserve available?: For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first. For how long is the free update available? 9094