Windows 10: Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction

Discus and support Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Prior to the last update to 1803 - KB4340917 my windows 10 installation on a Lenovo T520i was behaving erratically. All programs were taking a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyronKuziak, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction

Prior to the last update to 1803 - KB4340917 my windows 10 installation on a Lenovo T520i was behaving erratically. All programs were taking a long time to load and run, mouse behaviour was erratic, the print spooler would fail to work and could not be closed without use the NET tool and unplugging and restartng my Brother laser printer. since the aforesaid KB4340917 update yesterday all seems back to normal. what was the problem? It ain't the printer - its working fine now, and the programs are back to normal - Firefox, Thunderbird, and others. what was the problem?

:)

MyronKuziak, Aug 12, 2018

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Windows 10 malfunctioning  - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction :)

zarathustra2012, Aug 12, 2018
  3. FireWire Malfunction

I have an old video camera that requires a firewire. I've had two different firewire to USB ports saying that they have both malfunctioned within the seconds of inserting them into my computer. I've downloaded the IEEE 1394 Legacy ports and done them step
    by step but to no avail. Nothing seems to work and it keeps saying that it's malfunctioned. Please help!

AnthonyCanapini, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction

Your strangest hardware malfunction

My "strangest hardware malfunction" is not a malfunction. *Big Grin Windows 10 malfunctioning  - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction :D

Once I tried running a Q8200 C2Q with 4 Gigs of ram + HD 5850 + 3 HDDs + Corsair H50 and all these powered things with a 500W GENERIC PSU. I was a ignorant of the importance PSUs that time.*Confused Windows 10 malfunctioning  - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction :confused:

Guess what. it lasted for 1.5 years until somebody told me that it can destroy my system. (So In a way It was a malfunction because it should mess my system up right? Its like it malfunctioned in a good way*Roll :rollWindows 10 malfunctioning  - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction :)

so I bought a new PSU. thank god it didnt happen for that 1.5 year period and parts are still working(sold it to my cousin). *Rockout :rockout:

lyndonguitar, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction

1. Windows 10 malfunctioning - general slowdown doing everything and printer spooler malfunction - Similar Threads - malfunctioning general slowdown

2. Printer malfunctioning windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer malfunctioning windows 11: On windows 11 I plug in my zebra LP-2844 which i have used many times and it aays it can not recognize the printer because the printer is malfunctioning. But it just worked fine the other day....
  3. Printer malfunctioning windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer malfunctioning windows 11: On windows 11 I plug in my zebra LP-2844 which i have used many times and it aays it can not recognize the printer because the printer is malfunctioning. But it just worked fine the other day....
  4. printer malfunction on windows 11 only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer malfunction on windows 11 only: On starting the computer the printer sometimesonce in 3-4 days prints a status like page.Further the page is not ejected from the printer and to do that I have to printer a nozzle check via the printer buttons.Further once in around 10 days the printer seems to get its driver...
  5. printer malfunction on windows 11 only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer malfunction on windows 11 only: On starting the computer the printer sometimesonce in 3-4 days prints a status like page.Further the page is not ejected from the printer and to do that I have to printer a nozzle check via the printer buttons.Further once in around 10 days the printer seems to get its driver...
  6. Printer Malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Malfunction: Epson 685A3A WF-2540 Series printer quit printing in Windows 10 on my HP desktop. Have it connected through Ethernet directly and also through WIFI. Still prints from my Dell laptop through WIFI and Ethernet. Just don't know where to look any more. Can any one help! I'm not a...
  7. Printer malfunction through windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer malfunction through windows: I have a HP series 4520 printer connected to both my laptop and my all in one computer. The printer and my laptop talk to each other perfectly. However, my all in one computer has stopped the printer printing in colour after an update. I have uninstalled the printer, and...
  8. Windows 10 malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 malfunctions: I have been using the auto update for Windows 10 since it was available. Just recently I am unable to create a new file folder on my desktop. I right click the desktop and it brings up my option table for AMD Catalyst Control Center. When I click on the "new" tab, the...
  9. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: Yesterday, I noticed my start button wouldn't activate no matter what I did, and I was trying to put my computer to hibernate for the night. The cortana search button wouldn't work either, along with anything related to settings. To fix the problem, I just used the physical...
  10. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: My task bar icons are not showing up, my volume no longer works, and the start menu seems to be frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-malfunctioning/cea4f2a4-d47a-46a3-a515-aa894d5c0d70