Windows 10: Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window

Discus and support Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each time I double click an app or program screen (for example: read an email while I have Outlook opened), the clicked on automatically goes to full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EddS, Oct 31, 2015.

1. EddS Win User

Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window

Each time I double click an app or program screen (for example: read an email while I have Outlook opened), the clicked on automatically goes to full screen. The icon in the upper right corner indicates the double window (maximized) but clicking on it does not work to make the window smaller so that I may view the original screen and the one I clicked on. This just happened while using the touch screen in a recent airline flight. I'm sure I 'hit' something I shouldn't have but cannot find the setting that will get me back to default (me controlling the windows sizes). More annoying is that I must 'X' out of the clicked on window and go back to the bottom of the screen to re-open my original app/ program.

:)

2. rdrs3 Win User

How to set Windows 10 to ALWAYS open maximized windows when clicking on the shortcuts for the File Explorer or pinned websites of the taskbar

Did you ever get EI to open to maximize window 10? This is driving me nuts held every button clicked every button and still minimized. HELP

rdrs3, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Auto-Maximizes when Dragging a Window

I followed the steps outlined and have disabled the Snap Feature, but this does NOT correct the problem, and the windows still can not be moved with them maximizing.

APDeveloper, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 31, 2015
  5. EddS Win User
    Thanks, Brink!! I chose Option One when I got to Tablet Mode and it worked perfectly!! Now I know where to go to turn this option on and off if I prefer.

EddS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window - Similar Threads - Maximizes Every Window

2. Maximized Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window: How do you fix this?Basically when I drag a window. no matter where I place it on the screen. it will always go maximize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximized-window/ca519072-6775-4af9-b11f-ff5c83203682
  3. Windows 10 Maximized Windows are undraggable

Windows 10 Maximized Windows are undraggable: Firstly, I KNOW there is a screen snap setting that automatically snaps to the edge of the screen and allows you to drag full-screenmaximized windows. So don't tell me to "turn off/on" screen snap. I have it off because I use multiple monitors and I HATE how it hard sticks to...
  4. Windows 10 Maximize bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Maximize bug: [IMG] What on earth is this silly bug? I can't get my Mail app to fully maximize anymore. Bug submitted by /u/amihail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jznjgu/windows_10_maximize_bug/
  5. Windows 10 dont maximize windows

Windows 10 dont maximize windows: hello, I have a strange problem, i have 2 apps, Whatsapp and streamlabs OBS, first to happen was whatsapp, did not bother me so i left it like that but recently it happend also to Streamlabs OBS and im afraid it starts to go to other apps. I open the app it appears full...
  6. Maximizing windows

Maximizing windows: How can one open files in File Explorer in maximum window size? I have tried every suggestion and they are only in small squares and unreadable. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximizing-windows/774de022-c69a-4b85-9e02-9f9ef94aa835
  7. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows: Hi, so I pretty much explained it. Restarting Windows Explorer doesn't help every time more like once in 10 tries, moving taskbar to different places on screen doesn't help either. I have to restart computer couple of times yes, one usually doesn't help for it to actually...
  9. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..: Hey All, I just noticed under Win 10 when I maximize a Windows like IE11 it does not fully open to the borders of the screen.. this happens on the bottom and right side of the window in question.. Now I found I can press Windows key + Right Arrow an then the window...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to set Windows 10 to ALWAYS open maximized windows when clicking on the shortcuts for the File Explorer or pinned websites of the taskbar