Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to create a bootable USB drive to recover windows, but the media creation tool keeps giving me the anniversary update, any know how to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marvin14, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Marvin14 Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.

I want to create a bootable USB drive to recover windows, but the media creation tool keeps giving me the anniversary update, any know how to get the 1511 update instead of the 1607?

:)

Marvin14, Aug 31, 2016

2. Windows DISM error 0x800f081f

Well,

Apparently my windows didn't have the anniversary update installed and so I had issues with almost everything.

I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and used the Windows 10 setup according to it. The Media Creation Tool found the build for me with the anniversary update and it installed it for me.

EvyatarItzhaki, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Does Windows 10 ISO downloaded form the Media Creation Tool keep up to date?

Does the Windows 10 ISO downloaded form the Media Creation Tool keep up to date?

If I download the ISO from the Media Creation Tool will it come with the anniversary update?

What about the minor security patches?

Bharat Middha, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

you have to use an older version of the MCT (10.10586.117). that will be able to download the ISO 10.10586.164 . I have it attached in a zip file....

Attachment 99200

Grizzly, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Marvin14 Win User
    Oh you saved me, thank you very much sir.

Marvin14, Aug 31, 2016
  6. Grizzly Win User
    You are very welcome....
    Just remember: this ISO has the version 10.10586.164. to be up-to-date, you need to install the Cumulative update KB3176493

Grizzly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update. - Similar Threads - Media Creation tool

2. why does your media creation tool only give me the option for "windows 10" and not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does your media creation tool only give me the option for "windows 10" and not the...: whenever i try to create an iso file for windows to install, ideally i want windows 10 home single language. one of your developers referred me using a link to the official Microsoft website, where you can download the media creation tool and he indicated that you select from...
  3. why does your media creation tool only give me the option for "windows 10" and not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does your media creation tool only give me the option for "windows 10" and not the...: whenever i try to create an iso file for windows to install, ideally i want windows 10 home single language. one of your developers referred me using a link to the official Microsoft website, where you can download the media creation tool and he indicated that you select from...
  4. why does your media creation tool only give me the option for "windows 10" and not the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  6. Media Creation Tool keeps failing

Media Creation Tool keeps failing: I have repeatedly tried to download the Windows iso for both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 using the respective Media Creation Tool but in vain. In the case of Windows 8.1 a download error message saying download failed keeps appearing and, in the case of Windows 10, although...
  7. Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?: Hell All! I'm new here and I'm already looking forward learning a lot from everyone. I have 4 computers in my little apartment here and they are all running Windows 10 Build 10586. A couple of these machines are going to have some issues with the new update, so I'm...
  8. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?: My windows 10 machine fails to install the anniversary update and overall is a lot less stable from when the same machine was running Windows 7. Most of the time coming out of sleep mode fails where as on Win 7 I never had this issue. Anyways I want to do a fresh...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.

Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.: I want to create a bootable USB drive to recover windows, but the media creation tool keeps giving me the anniversary update, any know how to get the 1511 update instead of the 1607? 62227
  10. What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?

What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?: Just for fun, I downloaded a copy of the Win 10 .ISO using the MCT. Some of the files (like install.esd) have today's date, 9 July 2016. I am ignorant of how to find the build number in the .ISO. Is there any chance that this is 14385, as released today? (ws.dat...