Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Several months ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT). I created a bootable USB flash drive from this tool back around end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

Several months ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT).
    I created a bootable USB flash drive from this tool back around end of December or January.

Then I ran the following command as shown in the output of my print images here that the description is Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Also, the build is 10586.0 but I do not see version 1511 which means the November Update.
    If it is the November Update, then why does it show as Created On 10/30/2015?
    I marked those in Red as you can see.

What I am guessing here, that during the Windows 10 clean installation process, it does do Critical Updates, so I guess those Updates are updated to the November Update. But this happens during the installation process.

:)

win10freak, Feb 18, 2016

2. Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

I asked you to download and install
    Media Creation Tool
    again so we are sure you have the new media which was changed out when they took down the tool for several days. When did you download MCT?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 18, 2016
  3. The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error while starting and its metadata was reset. The data contains the error code.

hi joydeep sir my issues got resolved after doing clean install of windows 10 1703 via MCT (media creation tool ).

JoydeepSarkar685, Feb 18, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

You have the latest ISO available from Microsoft. Build 10586.0 is the November update base build with no cumulative updates applied. Install it and you will get version 1511 build 10586.0 and a cumulative update from Windows Update will bring it up to build 10586.104. If you downloaded the ISO today you would get exactly the same version/build.

NavyLCDR, Feb 18, 2016
  5. Now its at 10586.104 after running the Automatic Updates after the install.

For the next part or question, why does it state that it is a Technical Preview instead of the Final RTM from my print image?
    It should state Final RTM for that build (10586.0).
    Or am I missing something here?

win10freak, Feb 18, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Ignore it - just sloppy updating of information.

cereberus, Feb 18, 2016
  7. I learned the hard way tonight that if you used the Media Creation Tool to burn an ISO image in September 2015, and use it do a clean re-install of Windows10, Windows10 re-installs OK, but does some kind of major (2 hour long) update that pushes the Pre-Update Windows 10 to the Windows.old folder. This wipes out the original Windows.old folder that was created when you did the clean re-install.

My wife needed some files that were on her P.C. before I did the Clean Install today, but that Major 2 hour long update that occurred after the Clean Install, wiped out the Windows.old folder which had the files she needed.

I wish Windows-10 would ASK YOU if you want to update to a newer build (like Win XP thru Win 7 did) instead of just taking it upon itself to do the update for you!

AllenChicago, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creation tool: were can i download windows 10 media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-creation-tool/3c0c9877-366e-4705-b91d-bd15f854866d"
  6. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  7. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  8. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?: Hello Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT). My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build. Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB...
  10. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?: Hi guys, A while back ago, I had downloaded and performed a clean install of Win10 using the MCT. I performed the following command to check which version of Win10 is being installed and it only says the build number and not the version number which should be 1511. Thats...