Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, A while back ago, I had downloaded and performed a clean install of Win10 using the MCT. I performed the following command to check which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

Hi guys,

A while back ago, I had downloaded and performed a clean install of Win10 using the MCT.
    I performed the following command to check which version of Win10 is being installed and it only says the build number and not the version number which should be 1511. Thats what I want.

By performing a clean installation using the MCT, how can I check if it is installing version 1511?

Is there any other commands that I can perform to check from the INSTALL.ESD (from the ISO file) if the MCT is really version 1511?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Mar 13, 2016

2. Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

I asked you to download and install
    Media Creation Tool
    again so we are sure you have the new media which was changed out when they took down the tool for several days. When did you download MCT?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 13, 2016
  3. The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error while starting and its metadata was reset. The data contains the error code.

hi joydeep sir my issues got resolved after doing clean install of windows 10 1703 via MCT (media creation tool ).

JoydeepSarkar685, Mar 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

In the search box next to Start > type winver > Enter.
    That will show you what you have.

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  5. So is Build 10586.0 actually version 1511?
    In other words, if I have Build Number 10586.0 would that mean I have version 1511?

win10freak, Mar 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Did you type winver in the search box ?

If yes, what do you see after that ?
    What you see should answer your question.
    Would you post a screenshot of what you see ?

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    Yes. Windows 10 TH2 version 1511 is build 10586.0.

8. cereberus Win User

OP as Kari says 1511 refers to all sub-builds of 10586.

We are on 10586.164 but that is still 1511.

cereberus, Mar 13, 2016
  9. To see what version the MCT will create, all you have to do is open Properties for that file and check the Details tab. When I do that on the exe I downloaded, it says 10586.117.

Mark Phelps, Mar 14, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    It is my understanding it still downloads 10586.0 - it seems (but nobody is certain) that the mct info only tells you what version you should end up with. Even then, this is not kept upto date it seems).

This has been discussed several times and all tests have confirmed it is still 10586.0 that is downloaded.

cereberus, Mar 15, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is incorrect. That will tell you the version of the MCT exe file, not the exact version of the ISO that it will download.

NavyLCDR, Mar 15, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    No.

The MCT ISO and Windows installed using it is at this very moment build 10586.104.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? [​IMG]

To avoid any "I know this for sure, its 10586.0 (or any other sub-build)" comments, to check this and be sure instead of posting my thoughts as a fact I just used MCT to create an ISO and installed 1511 using it. The above screenshot is taken first thing after booting to desktop after the installation.

Which tests?

13. cereberus Win User

Tests done by other respected persons on this forum when the mct said 10586.35 (which was never an issue), and I did one myself. I have not seen any evidence the isos on mS have been updated from 10586.0 but hey maybe MS have changed the rules. It it's all a bit irrelevant anyway as updates are clev enough to only download latest cumulative updates anyway.

cereberus, Mar 15, 2016
  14. Kari Win User
    it is not irrelevant; if asked which build and sub-build the MCT gives you today, the answer is 10586.104. I am still wondering what kind of "tests" have told you that it's 10586.0.

15. cereberus Win User
    I simply downloaded iso when mct said 10586.35 (not .36) , installed it in a vm with internet off so it could not get updates, and it was version 10586.0.

I was convinced the .35 sub build on mct was simply a typo, but others persuaded me I was wrong and checked it myself.

Whether MS have changed things since then, I cannot say.

Edit: I went to techbench link and it now downloads iso labelled

1511_1 rather than 1511. Otther forums say this is version 117.

Not tested it myself.

cereberus, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creation tool: were can i download windows 10 media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-creation-tool/3c0c9877-366e-4705-b91d-bd15f854866d"
  6. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  7. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  8. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?: Hello Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT). My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build. Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB...
  10. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT: Several months ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT). I created a bootable USB flash drive from this tool back around end of December or January. Then I ran the following command as shown in the output of my print images here that the description is...