Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation tool questions ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello & Thanks , I couldn't find a Windows 10 Forum , so here goes: Windows 10 went crazy on me . It kept flashing running programs looping them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vmars316, Jun 27, 2017.

1. vmars316 Win User

Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?

Hello & Thanks ,
    I couldn't find a Windows 10 Forum , so here goes:
    Windows 10 went crazy on me .
    It kept flashing running programs
    looping them over an over .
    And wouldn't let me type anything in.
    So I managed to get it to reinstalling windows 10.
    I took the shorter option (less time).
    But after 3 hours , I tried to get a response .
    But no go , so I shut down the laptop .
    Now I can get to the Bios boot screen
    but my Fn-Keys don't work.
    So I can get nothing out of it.

I heard about the "Windows 10 media creation tool".
    Can that get me up and running?
    I think it will ask me for my MS registration info .
    How/Where can I find that info ? On MicroSoft ?
    Can the creationTool build a Boot-able system on a FlashDrive ?
    Help!
    Thanks

:)

vmars316, Jun 27, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Media creation tool question

Sure, this is an option. Download the MCT on another PC, create the installation drive there, and then plug the newly created media into the PC you want to upgrade. All the files needed for Windows 10 Setup will be on the flash drive.

Windows 10 media creation tool questions ? [​IMG]

Download MCT Now

aakkam22, Jun 27, 2017
  3. RyanDukes Win User
    Media creation tool question

Can I do the download and USB setup on a different computer then the one I want to do a clean reinstall on. The computer I am using seems to keep having an error at 50%. I was wondering if I can set it up on a different computer and then plug it into this
    one. Will that work or does the Media Creation Tool pull some needed info off of my computer during setup of the usb drive?

Thanks for helping!

- Ryan

RyanDukes, Jun 27, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can get the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from here:
    Download Windows 10

It will make a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive that you can boot from. After booting the computer from the USB flash drive, during the setup screens, if it asks for a product key just click the link for I don't have a product key. Then pick the same edition of Windows 10 you had before (Home or Pro). It should re-activate itself once it is connected to the internet after install is complete.

If Windows setup detects a Windows product key in the computer's UEFI/BIOS, it will automatically use that and install the matching version of Windows for it.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    However, if that means you can't access your BIOS usefully, you are still stuck...
    You need to change the boot order in your BIOS (as has been the case for decades) so your PC will first try to boot from your nice new shiny bootable USB drive.

Your Lenovo laptop may need you to press a FN key during boot to let you boot from your USB drive. For example:

dalchina, Jun 28, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    As dalcina says, you might find this how-to useful if your not familiar with the intricacies of BIOS.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 media creation tool questions ? - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Windows Media Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation Tool Question: Hi guys, my pc has been acting up recently so i wanted to reset it, however, I found that I wouldn't have the time to reinstall all my apps and games so I then switched over to the media creation tool. Theres one problem though, my pc was pre built and when we bought it, we...
  3. Windows Media creation tool question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media creation tool question: Hello all, I'm just wondering if an "ss usb" is the same as a "flash drive usb". I want to create a windows media creation tool to reinstall windows, but I don't want to mess this up. submitted by /u/_Novagrog_ [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Media Creation tool Question

Windows Media Creation tool Question: My PC keeps freezing on me and because of my idiocy I did not create a restore drive or create a new install media when I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10. I am needing to reset my Win 10 system and I need to run the media creation tool to help resolve this issue. My question is do I...
  5. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  6. Media Creation Tool Question (Windows 10 Redstone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Creation Tool Question (Windows 10 Redstone): Hello, If I were to download the Media Creation Tool, August 2nd, at 12:00am Central Time, would I be able to download Windows 10 Redstone (1607; Anniversary Update)? I do have a MCT already downloaded, can I still use it? Or do I have to download another MCT? I...
  7. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions. 1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool)...
  8. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  9. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...
  10. Question about media creation tool

Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291