Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So basically I just got a new laptop (Dell Lattitude e6520) and it's currently running Windows 7 Professional, but I really want to run Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ethan Z., Jul 19, 2018.

1. Ethan Z. Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

So basically I just got a new laptop (Dell Lattitude e6520) and it's currently running Windows 7 Professional, but I really want to run Windows 10 on it. So I found online, that it's possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 free using the media creation tool. Can anyone confirm that? Do I need a product key? And also when I upgrade do I get Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro? (since I am currently running Windows 7 Pro)?

But anyways, my main concern is the upgrade time. I used the media creation tool and clicked "Upgrade This PC Now" and it finished downloading Windows and also it verified the download and now it's stuck at "Checking For Updates". It's been like this for 2 hours and I have a 12MB/second download speed so i don't understand why it is this slow. Does anybody know how to solve this and if it is even possible for my computer to upgrade to Windows 10 free?

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7-2640M Dual-Core (with Hyper-Threading) 3.5GHz Turbo Clock

NVIDIA NVS 4200M 512MB Dedicated Graphics Card

8GB DDR3 RAM Memory

500GB HDD

:)

Ethan Z., Jul 19, 2018

2. creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 19, 2018
  3. windows 10 media creation tool

check the guide given below of tenforums that explain all the steps to create a USB:

Media creation Tool and Techbench are both updated with Version 1511.

The Techbench provides ISO's, so does the media creation Tool.You have both of the options, try anyone of these.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Or Media Creation Tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Detailed steps:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

The size of the update through Windows update and ISO are nearly the same.

HTH

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates" - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%: My original update via the Windows Update was so close to finish the update awaiting a restart but I got a 0xc1900223 error with no cause. So next I tried the Media creation tool, it almost made it through, went into a blue windows update screen, but the update got stuck at...
  3. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%: My original update via the Windows Update was so close to finish the update awaiting a restart but I got a 0xc1900223 error with no cause. So next I tried the Media creation tool, it almost made it through, went into a blue windows update screen, but the update got stuck at...
  4. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%

windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%: As my laptop was continuously showing windows 10 - 20H2 update but was getting stuck at 61% then I talked with Microsoft live chat assistant he shared a link about MCT media creation tool and said to follow all steps nowy laptop is stuck at 31% and nowhere to go....
  6. Media Creation Tool is stuck at 0%

Media Creation Tool is stuck at 0%: Hello Community, As said in the title my Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 is stuck at 0% when I launch it... What can I do to fix it ? Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-is-stuck-at-0/9a4f0cc8-fd57-45ed-82df-51b37965fe4d
  7. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck in a boot loop: Hello there, A week or so ago I upgraded my computer parts, with one of the upgrades being a new SSD. The old SSD was a small 120gb because I thought it would have been enough, which I was wrong about. After upgrading my PC, I went to install Windows on it and for a while,...
  8. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates: I have a friend who has a Windows seven laptop and he is now downloading windows 10. The thing is it has been stuck on "Checking For Updates" for a while. (a few hours) Is this normal? submitted by /u/spencer654322 [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  10. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 media creation tool stuck at 46%

2. media creation tool stuck at 46%

3. windows media creation tool stuck at 46%

4. media creation tool stuck at 46,
  5. media creation tool stuck at updates 46 %,
  6. windows 10 media creation tool stuck at 46 %,
  7. media creation tool 46%,
  8. windows 10 media creation tool stuck on 46%,
  9. windows media creation tool checking for updates,
  10. window 10 media creation stuck 73%,
  11. media creation tool hangs,