Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Bailey, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool [​IMG]

It offers this now-

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

:)

David Bailey, Jul 29, 2015
  2. SpiderMan..., Jul 29, 2015
  3. TaurArian Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10 failed and cannot go back. Stuck.

Create your own media for a fresh install:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

TaurArian, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Stuck on 33%-

5. caperjack Win User
    I cant even get past the opps something has gone wrong, after I click to install

caperjack, Jul 29, 2015
  6. 45%-No restarts yet-

7. 56% & no restarts-

8. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Got this--

9. Windowz10 Win User
    "If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting."

Unless of course the activation key becomes tagged to your motherboard+nic+win10 and it won't see you as activated because you would then be back on Windows 8.1.....

Trying to create a dual boot system with the prior version and the current version, but can't get Win10 activated because it wants me to put it on top of the prior version...

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  10. pyramid10 Win User
    Mine was stuck at 82% and no primary disk activity. External USB drive was showing some life. I unplugged that and the USB pendrive, and the 82% jumped immediately upwards.

It wasn't a smooth as butter upgrade.

pyramid10, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Got a black screen with a cursor & no activity.
    Waited a long time.
    Reverted to 8.1 Pro with factory recovery disks & Macrium image. *Smile

12. caperjack Win User
    I eventually got it upgraded ,I created a usb ,and ran it from the desktop ,all done

caperjack, Jul 29, 2015
  13. LittleJay Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

The upgrade option with the Media Creation Tool for my W7 install and had some long pauses without any activity, but I just let it do it's thing and eventually the upgrade installed properly. Probably took about a hour to finish the process.

LittleJay, Jul 29, 2015
  14. htmlboss Win User
    Same here on all 4 of my PCs.

htmlboss, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Antilope Win User
    I see that some with Nvidia drivers are having problems with installs. Try disabling the Nvidia drivers before installing Windows 10. There are discussions on the Drivers and Hardware section of this website concerning Nvidia video driver problems with Windows 10.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creation tool: were can i download windows 10 media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-creation-tool/3c0c9877-366e-4705-b91d-bd15f854866d"
  6. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  7. Windows 10 media creation tool

Windows 10 media creation tool: I keep trying to download windows 10 to a usb stick via the Media Creation Tool, unfortunately each time it downloads 100% then goes through the checks then at 50% says a problem and cancels? I even read somewhere to install direct to the usb stick, but that did not work...
  8. Media Creation Tool Windows 10

Media Creation Tool Windows 10: Hello--I asked this in another posting. When there is a good copy of version 1809, I will need to use one of the Library's wired internet systems to save the 1809 feature upgrade installation files to a USB Flash drive. Last March I saw the options for MCT, which had a...
  9. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  10. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503