Windows 10: Windows 10 Media player?

Discus and support Windows 10 Media player? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; from what i was reading i thought windows media player was going to be removed from windows but when i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brandonhughes7, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Media player?

from what i was reading i thought windows media player was going to be removed from windows but when i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro insider build i still have the media player and it still works.

:)

brandonhughes7, Jul 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 22, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Media player?

Nope it is Media center that is being pulled.

labeeman, Jul 22, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Have they worked on WMP at all for Windows 10?

swarfega, Jul 22, 2015
  6. TheSchaft Win User
    Personally, I like Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (Home MPC-HC). It's open source, light weight, and can play any media file I've seen.

TheSchaft, Jul 22, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I use that as well and I like it.

BunnyJ, Jul 22, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Media player?

I use AIMP , before that WinAmp. I probably will remove WMP.

9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Being an old (very old) Mac user. . .well you should be able to figure out what I use. . .*Smile

10. WMC was handy for me as it drives my TV tuner card.

nigelmercier, Jul 23, 2015
  11. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and Winamp still serve all my media needs the way I like it, lol.

Did fire up WMP though and it seemed the same as the Win 7 version.

12. linw Win User
    Just tried playing some older mpg files today with WMP and only got sound. Haven't had time to investigate but sounds like codec(s) missing? This machine has had a new 10240 install yesterday so it is a bit slimmed down.

13. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Media player?

You might need to install some codecs. Have a look at this one.

swarfega, Jul 23, 2015
  14. WMP is still needed for online videos just like flash, other than that, it just another dinosaur.

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  15. The reality I am seeing with Win 10 is everything is being integrated with their cloud and server crap.
    As a force of past being Microsoft always promoted their WMV/WMA and DRM I never used Windows Media Player.
    I got hooked on K-Light and WMP Classic because it is routinely updated, free and not subject to hiding source code.
    It DOES what it's SUPPOSED TO DO and nothing more unlike Microsoft may use Telemetry to on what you are watching.

As a wild example you are watching a School play of your kids called Ghost Busters and Microsoft gets word that your watching a Video stored on your PC called Ghost Busters. According to their EULA they can "in theory" access YOUR files on YOUR computer.
    That's if you read their Eula verbatim.

What gets me is that Microsoft should be designing an OPERATING SYSTEM that runs your crap and get out of the APPS business.
    Meaning I USE MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC because THEIR Media Player is inferior and I don't trust it.

Same as Game makers should focus on a great game experience and stay out of the DRM business because they aren't going to win that argument.

I find it hilarious the backlash on Windows 10 when users discovered all the telemetry and read the EULA.
    The Engineers at Microsoft probably expected people would be willing to just pull down their collar and say here is my throat now cut it like sheep.

Richard Shank, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Media player?

1. Windows 10 Media player? - Similar Threads - Media player

2. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  3. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  4. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  5. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  6. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  7. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  8. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

9. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  10. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....