Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Streaming

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Streaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot find the Control Panel option to turn on Media Streaming. I have gone into the advanced settings but the option is just not there......... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mijas1999, Nov 27, 2015.

1. mijas1999 Win User

Windows 10 Media Streaming

I cannot find the Control Panel option to turn on Media Streaming. I have gone into the advanced settings but the option is just not there......

Windows 10 Media Streaming [​IMG]

This is all the screen shows....no Streaming option

I have the latest Win10 ver 1511, build 10586.14 which came out a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know what stupid thing I have missed?

:)

mijas1999, Nov 27, 2015
  2. logan2135 Win User

Unable to turn on Media streaming

How can I turn on media streaming for windows 10? I am in the network and sharing center and click the "Turn on Media Streaming" button, but it does not do anything. Please help.

Original Title:Can't turn on media streaming.

logan2135, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Ztruker Win User

How about Windows Media Player, Stream, Turn on Media streaming?

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2015
  4. mijas1999 Win User
    10 only has Groove which replaced WMP and has no play to functionality....

mijas1999, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    Wrong.

Groove has not replaced WMP, it is of course available in Windows 10 exactly as in previous versions of Windows. Extract from Windows 10 Start Menu:

6. mijas1999 Win User
    It is not in my list - I think I uninstalled it after I upgraded to Win10 as I never used it. I have had no success in finding a download, even from MSoft download site - it just says it is part of the Win10 clean install or upgrade.........

mijas1999, Nov 28, 2015
  7. Kari Win User

Windows Media Player is a native Windows 10 application, built-in in every edition of Windows 10 except the N and KN editions (Home N & KN, Pro N & KN, Education N & KN, Enterprise N & KN).

If you have disabled / removed the WMP, you can enable it again from Programs and Features:

If you are running an N or KN edition, or if you have completely removed the WMP from any other edition, you can download and install Windows Media Feature Pack (includes WMP) here: Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

8. mijas1999 Win User
    Thank you SO much - I have the streaming on now............................

mijas1999, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Media Streaming - Similar Threads - Media Streaming

2. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  3. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  4. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  5. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  6. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  7. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  8. I can't get media streaming to work properly

I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  9. I can't get media streaming to work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  10. what is media streaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is media streaming?: What is media streaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-media-streaming/890a7350-93e8-4fb2-b57c-3bc87cd2a97a