Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Streaming

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Streaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I use Windows Media Player to stream media to my bluray player downstairs. This has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Huambo81a, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Huambo81a Win User

Windows 10 Media Streaming

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7.

I use Windows Media Player to stream media to my bluray player downstairs. This has always worked flawlessly on Windows 7, but since moving to 10 media streaming sems to turn itself off entirely between reboots, and also pauses and freezes during playback. *Mad

I have all permissions turned on for all devices in the house, but after a couple of hours it seems to slow down and eventually time out completely . . . i have no idea what's wrong.

Will changing to an alternative like PLEX help at all, or does that service also use the same streaming system as Media Player?

Thanks

:)

Huambo81a, Jan 8, 2016
  2. logan2135 Win User

Unable to turn on Media streaming

How can I turn on media streaming for windows 10? I am in the network and sharing center and click the "Turn on Media Streaming" button, but it does not do anything. Please help.

Original Title:Can't turn on media streaming.

logan2135, Jan 8, 2016
  3. PJLLB Win User

I just checked and media streaming is working fine for me in Windows 10. I checked and the workgroup settings are all set for full sharing -- which doesn't seem applicable to a Blu-ray player but I believe this was necessary.

Are you running WiFi or wired? My PC is hardwired but the Blu-ray is WiFi. Maybe your WiFi is having a signal issue.

PJLLB, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Huambo81a Win User
    Hi there,

It's a WiFi connection. Everything is set to full access, just as it was on Windows 7.

Quite often on a reboot i will need to turn on media streaming again, which is something that i never had to do on Windows 7.

It's really strange.

Huambo81a, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Huambo81a Win User
    Well, after resetting the router a few times, i can't get windows 10 to reliably stream my media.

Quick question, will i have the same issues if i use PLEX? Does PLEX use the same method as Media Player?

At the moment i'm using a portable Hard Disk instead.

Huambo81a, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Media Streaming - Similar Threads - Media Streaming

2. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  3. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  4. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  5. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  6. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  7. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  8. I can't get media streaming to work properly

I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  9. I can't get media streaming to work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  10. what is media streaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is media streaming?: What is media streaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-media-streaming/890a7350-93e8-4fb2-b57c-3bc87cd2a97a