Windows 10: Windows 10 microphone not detected

Discus and support Windows 10 microphone not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I updated my computer to Windows 10 Pro just few hours ago. I experienced some problems with the video drivers, but I solved them by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jymmy097, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jymmy097 Win User

Windows 10 microphone not detected

Hi everybody,

I updated my computer to Windows 10 Pro just few hours ago. I experienced some problems with the video drivers, but I solved them by updating the driver through nVidia GeForce Experience.

Now I have problems with my audio driver (which I think it is VIA HD Audio). My computer does not recognize my external microphone, only the internal one (which is not of the best quality). I looked for the drivers in the ASUS website, but I have found only outdated drivers for Windows 8. Then I saw the "sticky thread" on tenforums in this section and I tried to download the driver, but I do not want to mess up everything else as the site says:

So I'd like to find a good driver for my own PC (which is an ASUS G75).
    In addition to it, it seems I have installed VIA HD Audio Control Panel, but I cannot access it because no window is shown when I start it.

I've attached some screenshots which could be helpful.

Windows 10 microphone not detected [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

:)

Jymmy097, Aug 28, 2015

2. Headset microphone not working after upgrade to windows 10.

I have a Red Samurai headset, with an Asus X550CA laptop. The system was detecting and using the microphone just fine. Then, immediately after the upgrade to windows 10, my computer no longer detects the microphone at all. the headphones work fine, but
    the microphone no longer gets detected.

Dylan.Taylor, Aug 28, 2015
  3. JMTAotP Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10, PC no longer detects microphone unless I restart my PC while the microphone is turned on.

My microphone is Turtle Beach XP400. It is a blutooth microphone. The issue is really simple. Windows 10 can in fact detect my microphone but only if I turn it on and restart my PC. This is leading me to have to restart my PC many times a day just to use
    my microphone each time. My microphone also shuts off within minutes to save the microphone battery, so if it accidentally turns off because I left my PC to use the bathroom I have to restart as soon as I get back so it will be detected again. Again, keep
    in mind, the microphone has to be turned on in order for the PC to detect it when I restart the PC, otherwise it still will not be detected.

I used to have Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to Windows 10. When using Windows 8.1, as soon as I would turn my microphone on the PC would detect it and it would be ready to go. Never once had an issue.

My questions are:

Why do I have to restart in order to get my microphone to be detected?

Is there a way to fix this?

JMTAotP, Aug 28, 2015
  4. lvgandhi Win User

lvgandhi, Aug 28, 2015
  5. pfsoto Win User
    Perhaps a simple microphone solution; it worked for my HP laptop running Windows 10 [after tearing my hair out for hours and trying all the fixes i found on the internet, to no avail]:

Click the [Start Button]
    Click on/select [All apps]
    Scroll down and click on [Settings]
    In upper right search box [i.e., Find a setting], type in "microphone"
    Click on/select [Microphone privacy settings]
    Turn on [Let apps use my microphone]

VOILA! a working external mic

Happy holidays ...

pfsoto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 microphone not detected - Similar Threads - microphone detected

2. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  3. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  4. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected: When I try to use the microphone on my laptop it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-microphone-on-windows-10-not-detected/a08b55a2-9017-41f0-b776-7b5e38edf63a
  5. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected: When I try to use the microphone on my laptop it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-microphone-on-windows-10-not-detected/a08b55a2-9017-41f0-b776-7b5e38edf63a
  6. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  8. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  9. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Headset microphone not being detected/used

Headset microphone not being detected/used: Hey everyone. I have a Razer Blackshark V2x Headset and a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Laptop. I recently reset my laptop from scratch and now the headset's microphone wont get used whenever I try to use it in apps like discord. The laptop just keeps using the laptop's own default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red samurai headset windows 10

2. v-moda microphone not found window 10